Please Stop Auto Populating Folder Field!

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Please Stop Auto Populating Folder Field!

Postby cookmv » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:17 pm

For some reason it seems that recently LastPass has begun to auto populate the Folder field when I do a Tools->Save All Entered Data.

It used to be that the Folder field would default to my first folder but now it seems that LastPass is trying to be "smart" and automatically choose the folder category. For example, when I added my Asus forum account the Folder field was automatically populated with "Business".

it would seem like no big deal but the issue that this causes is that when I tab over to the Folder drop down menu I can no longer use the Up/Down arrow keys to select from one of my existing folders like I used to be able to do. Now I have to clear the Folder test then it defaults to my first folder which allows me to scroll down to select the one I want.

Can I turn off this feature? If not, please remove it! I hate it when software tries to be smart. 9 times out of 10 it usually just gets in the way.

Thank you.

~M
cookmv

Re: Please Stop Auto Populating Folder Field!

Postby ChromeBrowserUser » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:23 am

I thought I was going crazy. I added a site yesterday and the folder was "Social" (I have no social folder).

Please, we can organize our own vaults.
ChromeBrowserUser

Postby libove » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:38 am

I add my vote +1
It's a useless and counter-productive feature for LastPass to guess how I might want to categorize sites. Don't guess. Don't autofill the Folder field in the Save dialog. Let me choose my own folders, like always before, including the down arrow to scroll through my existing folder names.
libove

Postby summeranne » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:20 pm

This is irritating the heck out of me as well, I'm amazed more people aren't complaining.
summeranne

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:33 pm

summeranne Wrote:This is irritating the heck out of me as well, I'm amazed more people aren't complaining.

In the over two years that I've used LastPass, I have never had what's being described here happen.
jpenny84

Postby summeranne » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:06 pm

It doesn't happen with every site, thankfully. First item under the August 7 update: https://lastpass.com/upgrade.php?fromwe ... asenotes=1
summeranne

Postby ronmwhite » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:56 pm

+1 You need to replace the UX consultant that gave this the green light. This feature stinks - at least give us the ability to disable it.
ronmwhite

Postby summeranne » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:53 am

The new reply email just reminded me, I have to go clean up my vault of the few that slipped through when I was distracted. Grrrr.
summeranne

Postby jnabsdlfbsuidl378 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:24 pm

Please, make it stop, this is driving me nuts!
jnabsdlfbsuidl378

Postby Teester » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:11 am

LastPass, please pay attention. It makes no sense to force this "feature" on the unwilling. Every time I save a new login and password for an online retailer, Lastpass by default wants to put the information in a "Shopping" folder which I never created and do not want. Was that UK consultant trained at Microsoft by any chance?
Teester

Next

Return to Feedback