LastPass is Being Acquired by LogMeIn

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass is Being Acquired by LogMeIn

Postby lostinthemidwest » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:31 pm

As a premium Lastpass customer, this is an absolute disaster! Having experienced how Logmein treats their customers, I won't 'calm down', and your assurances mean nothing to me. Selling out to logmein is only slightly less bad than selling out to satan himself. If you can't or won't reverse this, I'll won't be renewing my subscription, and can no longer recommend your products to others.
lostinthemidwest

Postby office376 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:32 pm

BLACK FRIDAY!

A very bad move for LastPass. I'm a premium user since many years, and recommended LastPass to many other people. But now it's time to leave LastPass as soon as there is an alternative.

Bad bad bad Friday news.
office376

Postby Merchy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:34 pm

anatoly_LP Wrote:Before you guys head for the exits for the wrong reasons, it might be wise to calm down and take a wait-and-see approach.

I'm not sure it's a lack of calmness that is causing LP customers to post their thoughts (and regrets). If you read them, most seem to be from former LMI customers that have been burned by LMI. LMI has badly mistreated their own paying customers (as well as freemium ones) on more than one occasion. How many times must you touch the red hot stove burner before you realize it burns?

LMI has set an example of how to lose customers and how to garner shockingly bad PR in one masterful stroke. A lot of us are IT consultants, IT workers or IT aficionados in general and we know good companies vs bad companies through a lot of personal experience. Unfortunately, you chose a partner who has left a really bad taste in far too many peoples' mouths.

I hope I'm wrong but past experience can be a pretty good teacher. I'll stick around until renewal and see what happens but I really hold little hope that ultimately LMI will be a kind and gentle owner. They have shown me no reason to think otherwise.
Merchy

Postby wb1dog461 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:35 pm

Bad News ! I was a loyal LP fan boy, and unfortunately recommended it to lots of people, feel like a fool now. Is Dashlane the way to go ?
wb1dog461

Postby lostinthemidwest » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Merchy Wrote:LMI has badly mistreated their own paying customers (as well as freemium ones) on more than one occasion. How many times must you touch the red hot stove burner before you realize it burns?

LMI has set an example of how to lose customers and how to garner shockingly bad PR in one masterful stroke. A lot of us are IT consultants, IT workers or IT aficionados in general and we know good companies vs bad companies through a lot of personal experience. Unfortunately, you chose a partner who has left a really bad taste in far too many peoples' mouths.

I got egg on my face after recommending Logmein and their subsequent price increases, and you're crazy if you think I'm going to repeat that mistake twice.
lostinthemidwest

Postby snowbound999 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:42 pm

anatoly_LP Wrote:Before you guys head for the exits for the wrong reasons, it might be wise to calm down and take a wait-and-see approach. The blog post has been updated with more info: https://blog.lastpass.com/2015/10/lastp ... mein.html/

Sorry I do not trust Logmein:

"We receive a lot of messages thanking us for making LogMeIn Free, well, free. Let's make this official: there's no need to thank us. LogMeIn Free is and will always be free. For today, you can just pay us in Likes." https://www.facebook.com/logmein/posts/ ... 1119123475

There is a 165 page thread from Jan 2014 when they put the axe to Logmein Free version. Lastpass support for free and paid version is excellent. You fix the bugs in the product. The same can not be said about Logmein. Bugs exist in the product from years ago that remain unfixed.

I can not and will not recommend Lastpass to people from this day forth. Sorry but loosing trust in a company when it concerns password is something I can not afford to do. Logmein gave their Logmein Free customers 7 days to decide whether to pay for a premium account or go elsewhere. My premium account is coming up for renewal at the end of the year and I highly doubt I will be renewing.
Last edited by snowbound999 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snowbound999

Postby CosmicMeeting » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:43 pm

I quit using logmein a couple of years ago due to shady business practices on their part.

This will most probably make me quit using Lastpass (and X-marks), and I'm a paying customer for both.

Nothing good ever lasts, sigh.
CosmicMeeting

Postby dasquish » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:48 pm

anatoly_LP Wrote:Before you guys head for the exits for the wrong reasons, it might be wise to calm down and take a wait-and-see approach. The blog post has been updated with more info: https://blog.lastpass.com/2015/10/lastp ... mein.html/

That may as well be a "goodbye to anyone who has ever been a LogMeIn customer" letter. We are changing our remote access solution as soon as our current LMI subscription ends due to price gouging and no free option for the machines that JUST need remote access. They will do the same with LastPass. That is a shame, because I had just about convinced our team to take LastPass enterprise wide when this announcement was made. I hope the execs enjoy the payout, and I'm sure some customers will continue to support even after LMI raises the rates thousands of dollars with no notice, but I will not be one of them.

Your product is worth more, and if you'd have even doubled or tripled your premium price, you'd have a lot more people stay. How did you guys not know about LMI's track record here? I guess I'm off to find an alternative and get my data off LastPass' servers as best I can. Please reverse course if at all possible.
dasquish

Postby ben895 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:52 pm

Is this 100% negative comments?

Why yes, yes it is!

Heck of a job, Brownie!
ben895

Postby Joris Roovers » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:56 pm

I've replied to this thread before, but wanted to do more, so I created a petition on change.org:

https://www.change.org/p/lastpass-leadership-lastpass-stay-independent

Please sign it if you want to show Lastpass leadership that you don't agree!
Joris Roovers

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback