LastPass is Being Acquired by LogMeIn

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass is Being Acquired by LogMeIn

Postby Joris Roovers » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 am

I think a lot of users (myself included) will find this pretty outrageaous.

I've been loyal paying customer from the very early days. I'm hugely invested in your ecosystem because I like it so much. People have called me a Lastpass fanboy because I recommend it whenever I can.

If this is about money, then just raise the prices, create a new more premium tier or even ask for donations. I'll happily pay twice or more of what I'm paying now, if it means Lastpass staying independent.

I'll be closely following how this evolves, evaluating my options and communicating them to my friends and family so they do the same.

I urge the Lastpass leadership team to think about this long and hard and then revert this decision, because I'm pretty sure a big user exodus is coming otherwise.
Joris Roovers

Postby ben895 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:45 am

i'll be cancelling.
:(
ben895

Postby ben895 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:49 am

"I urge the Lastpass leadership team to think about this long and hard and then revert this decision, because I'm pretty sure a big user exodus is coming otherwise."

too late!
they don't care! they've been paid, or will be fired.
They sold US!
ben895

Postby techknowuk » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:50 am

Yes, I agree with comments above. I love Lastpass. Its suits my needs entirely having tried others. If they include logmein to their software then it will NOT work on our company computer. We have no control over teh proxy server and Logmein will NOT (or ever) go through it. Lastpass curerntly works on our company computers so I am happy for the obvious reasons. If this changes, I will be on the next boat out of here..... :D
techknowuk

Postby baldengineer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:00 am

This was one of the most painful emails I received this week. News about this acquisition, to me, is far worse than the data breach that occurred recently.

I have been a huge fan of LastPass. However, I have never had any positive experiences with LogMeIn. The line in the announcement about having new releases come out in the near future absolutely frighten me.

Even though LastPass is deeply embedded into my ecosystem, I'll be moving on to another solution. I am not going to wait around for the "bad thing" that is inevitable with this acquisition to happen.
baldengineer

Postby Merchy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:02 am

LMI screwed over both Free and Paid users. They have fantastic software but the company is run by tone-deaf, greedy vultures. I always thought the LMI Free was too good to last and I wasn't surprised that they finally started charging. However, the manner in which they did it was appalling - giving users seven days to find an alternative and move any users over. As a paying Central customer, I thought I'd be safe from their predatory ways but I was wrong. Every year for the last three years I was thanked for my loyalty by having my costs double at renewal time. I went from $250 for approximately 125 users to almost $1400 in that time frame. Needless to say, I found an alternative for almost a 1/10th of that cost. It isn't as good but it's amazing for the price.

I can only assume that LP will have a peaceful transition to LMI for a year or so before they alienate the user base with unrealistic pricing and little to no time to migrate to a different product. Eventually they will integrate LP into LMI and you will have to buy the entire over-priced package just to use LP features.

Quoting LMI's own announcement = "In the near-term, both the Meldium and LastPass product lines will continue to be supported, with longer-term plans to center around a singular identity management offering based on the LastPass service and brand."

Goodbye LP. Enjoy the buy-out $. It was a great run and I hope the current team will come up with a new product once LMI ruins LP as we know it. See you around the Interwebs...
Merchy

Postby driftpeasant769 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:19 am

Yeah, time to move on. I've never had any good experience with LogMeIn, and I doubt it'll start now. Congrats to Joe and the team for making a large amount of money in the sale. You deserve the rewards after all the hard work you put in. I just don't want to be associated with LogMeIn, so I'll be moving to an alternate service. Bleh. I really liked LastPass, too. It's a shame.
driftpeasant769

Postby JoeX » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:21 am

If this sale goes through, I'm finding another app.
JoeX

I hate LogMeIn

Postby braband67 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:29 am

I am a premium LastPass user. I was also a long-time user of LogMeIn until they changed their business model and screwed us. LogMeIn killed off Hamachi after they "took it over to make it better"... I fully expect LastPass to also be absorbed and killed off by LogMeIn... so I'll be cancelling my premium subscription and looking for a new and better solution. It was nice knowing you LastPass... Enjoy the dark side. I don't want my $ going to LogMeIn...
Last edited by braband67 on Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
braband67

Postby lp10jah » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:30 am

Nooooooo!!! I guess I will be switching off last pass :(
lp10jah

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback