LastPass is Being Acquired by LogMeIn

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

LastPass is Being Acquired by LogMeIn

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:50 am

LastPass Joins the LogMeIn Family

It’s a big day here at LastPass. We’re thrilled to announce that we’re joining LogMeIn. As one of the world’s leading SaaS companies, we can’t imagine a better team to align with our values and product-driven mission. With their experience in growing successful brands like join.me, we’re excited to join LogMeIn in delivering the next generation of identity and access management for individuals, teams and companies, with LastPass at the forefront.

When we started LastPass in 2008, we set out on a mission to provide a smart solution to the growing password problem. We aimed to build a product that helped people efficiently manage their passwords, in a way that not only increased their productivity but also improved their security.

Since then, LastPass has grown by leaps and bounds, helping millions of consumers and tens of thousands of businesses worldwide with password management. We are so incredibly proud of our team’s accomplishments and grateful to the users who have supported us on our journey.

What does this mean for you as a LastPass user? Great things! We will continue to build and improve LastPass for our free, Premium, and Enterprise customers. Together with LogMeIn, we’ll be able to accomplish more, faster – providing an even better service to millions of people. As we become part of the LogMeIn family over the next several months, we’ll be releasing updates to LastPass, introducing new features, and continuing to grow the service as we work to bring LastPass to millions more who struggle with passwords.

Again, thank you to all of our users and supporters! We’re as committed as ever to providing you with a secure, easy-to-use password manager. Stay tuned as we open the next chapter of our story with LogMeIn and build the future of identity and access management, together.

Joe Siegrist & The LastPass Team
jpenny84

Re: LastPass is Being Acquired by LogMeIn

Postby thegoon » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:00 am

Can't think of anything worse for LastPass. What's the best alternative now?

I shudder at the thought of LogMeIn having ANY details of mine. Ever.
thegoon

Postby alanteew » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:13 am

[disclosures: I work in endpoint security.]

I completely agree. I have always appreciated the radical candor with which LastPass has informed users about attacks and security issues. I don't expect a system to go unattacked, or even unaffected. But I do expect humble candor about what's going on. That transparency gave me a lot of confidence. I don't have that confidence in the new bosses. I'm going to look for another solution.
alanteew

Postby mdf415 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:23 am

Wishing you well. But make sure the one thing you don't adopt from LogMeIn is their pricing policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mdf415

Postby SomeJoe7777 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:25 am

We're a LastPass enterprise user for our small business. We left LogMeIn 2 years ago because of high prices, poor customer service, and an inferior product.

I will be looking to do the same with LastPass. We'll look for a new password manager that isn't tainted. Very poor research on LastPass's part in that you appear to be completely unaware that the company values of LogMeIn are the exact opposite of those of your user base.
SomeJoe7777

Postby lyle431 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:27 am

Unfortunately, based on past experience, I completely agree with thegoon and SomeJoe7777. I simply will not have anything to do with LogMeIn and will now start looking for an alternative. Its too bad, as I really appreciate LastPass and its multi-platform functionality and am/was a Premium subscriber.
lyle431

Postby GrayBoltWolf » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:29 am

Signed up for the forum just to say this:

This is a terrible acquisition. LastPass was doing amazing independently. LogMeIn has a reputation of awful customer support and increasing prices. When my subscription runs out I will be leaving LastPass for Dashlane.
GrayBoltWolf

Postby snowbound999 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:29 am

My heart sank when I saw this news. Logmein shafted the users of their free service lastyear when they discountinued it all together and told them to buy a monthly subscription service from them. Most of these people were providing free support to friends and relatives. There was a rebellion on the Logmein forums and people left in droves. I would not be surprised to see those former Logmein free users giving the boot to Lastpass and going to another product. Especially if those users are using the free version of Lastpass. Passwords is not something you want held hostage so to speak.
snowbound999

Postby SomeOtherJoe921 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:33 am

Such a shame (Well done for yourselves guys) - but not good for your customers.
I was also a user of the free logmein service - casual occasional user for family support. I would gladly have paid a modest fee for the service.

Logmein makes much of promises, but fails to keep them - let's see how they bend us over this time
SomeOtherJoe921

Postby jamesmcguinness488 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 am

SIGH...I'm moving on I guess.
jamesmcguinness488

Next

Return to Feedback