Better than Roboform

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantie, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Better than Roboform

Postby 216 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:02 pm

For years now I've been a dedicated AI Roboform user. I've long considered it the most useful program that I used (and I use a lot of programs). But I gotta say, Lastpass beats Roboform. It beats it in simplicity, and it beats it by being online (and allowing me to access ALL of my passwords no matter where I am). You guys have some good stuff here, keep up the good work.

Re: Better than Roboform

Postby wsw70 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:28 am

216 wrote:For years now I've been a dedicated AI Roboform user. I've long considered it the most useful program that I used (and I use a lot of programs). But I gotta say, Lastpass beats Roboform. It beats it in simplicity, and it beats it by being online (and allowing me to access ALL of my passwords no matter where I am). You guys have some good stuff here, keep up the good work.

I am in the same situation and absolutely agree. After going for a few months with both products in parallel (and saving my passwords in both of them) I ended up by uninstalling RoboForm.

Great product, way to go!

Wojtek
wsw70

Postby dicks » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:02 am

I also agree, I used to use KeePass but like the simplicity and the ability to access logins from everywhere.

Having said that, I would be interested to know the anticipated commercial model for this product. It is free now which is nice, but what will change re. commercialization?
dicks

Postby sameer » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:41 pm

We're still evaluating different options on a premium version.
Your question on cost is answered elsewhere on this forum
(eg: http://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1719 ...and numerous other posts)

Thanks
sameer
Site Admin

Postby Vitaly » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:41 pm

3-d paty audit is a good option, but it would be also nice to publish opencource utility, that allows run test vectors and so on.

PS. i WAS :) a long time roboform user.
Vitaly

Return to Feedback