Lets be honest. XMarks is abandoned.

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Lets be honest. XMarks is abandoned.

Postby loud576 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:18 pm

XMarks is useless now - It doesn't work properly in FF or Safari - only Chrome. What's the point of that??
loud576

Postby randix » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:25 pm

What I find so "crazy", is don't "they" realize that losing credibility, lack of communication, re Xmarks, carry overs to LastPass. Having an effective password manager has a large component of trust. If they breach that trust on another product in their catalog, they are commercially naive if they don't think it impacts their other software offerings. How they have "handled" Xmarks made me look at alternatives to LastPass and I've now installed another one, no longer relying on LastPass. Why should I?
randix

Postby SandyLP » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:34 am

+1
We have paused using LastPass + Xmarks on few licensced IDs.

XMarks it completely stopped (since Firefox/Chrome took over best way for bookmarks).

Morever, just seeing an increasing amount of bugs/problems especially for free users on Prime Software = LastPass.

Lastpass was never this buggy, but with every fresh install, it plays a new role.. !!!!

LastPass team is it time to switch ? to alternative tools, ?

If you can dug down the requests..
A forum software change (which is still pathetic) and some many more changes suggested from our enterprise licensce company.
But noone cares to reply.
SandyLP

Postby justinhateslastpass » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:26 pm

boomshankerx Wrote:It may have been updated but it still doesn't work.

Duplicate folders. Empty folders. Login popups. Sync failures. Not usable.

you need a different product. if you have to wait for them its not going to happen. my experience is their support is as close to non-existant as any company could have.
justinhateslastpass

Postby zimou13 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:54 pm

While LastPass has been busy porting the Firefox add-on of the password manager to the WebExtensions standard, Xmark development continued as well. The extension was released as a WebExtensions version in October 2017, and is compatible with Firefox 57 and newer because of that.
zimou13

Postby boomshankerx » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:58 am

Just for the record, I told you so. Xmarks is done.
boomshankerx

Postby cuppettcj » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:19 pm

It's official now. I received this email this morning. I've been a paying XMarks customer for 6 years. Are there any alternatives that can sync bookmarks across all major browsers?

XMarks update

On May 1, 2018, we will be shutting down Xmarks. Your account will remain active until then. After this date, your bookmarks should remain available in any previously accessed browser, but they will no longer sync and your Xmarks account will be deactivated. There will be no impact to your LastPass Premium account. In addition, any remaining balance previously paid towards Xmarks will be applied as a credit towards your LastPass Premium account.

At LastPass, we’ve staked our claim in password management, and providing our community with a high level of password security. After careful consideration and evaluation, we have decided to discontinue the Xmarks solution so that we can continue to focus on offering the best possible password vaulting to our community.

On behalf of the entire LastPass and Xmarks team, we wanted to thank you for your support over the years. If you have any questions about your account or LastPass credit, please do not hesitate to reach out to https://lastpass.com/supportticket.php.
cuppettcj

Postby moonz » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:22 pm

Fabulous, hang us out to dry by no longer supporting the extension that all of our bookmarks are resident in and yet checking the renewal price I'm still going to have to pay the same but with 1 less service for my money, Way to go Lastpass, wave me goodbye as I leave for a competitor product after over 8 years as a premium subscriber.
moonz

Postby auxmax001322 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:45 pm

And the final shoe drops.

Only reason I was keeping my Lastpass subscription was for Xmarks. Password managers are everywhere. Xmarks was unique and, until recently, seamless.

Makes the cancellation so much easier.
auxmax001322

Postby plonka2000 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:23 pm

This is truely sad.
XMarks is a daily tool for me.

:| :( :cry:
plonka2000

PreviousNext

Return to Xmarks