Lets be honest. XMarks is abandoned.

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Lets be honest. XMarks is abandoned.

Postby F00bar5 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Hmmm ... I've had a number of issues over the years but xmarks is working fine for me with Firefox and Chrome on multiple Windows 10 and OS X Sierra desktops ....
F00bar5

Postby lp874 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Have used xmarks for years. Had to disable it after the issues cropped up with FF57. Was hoping for a fix, but gave up waiting for any communication. Decided to go with EverSync which seems to work fairly well so far.
lp874

Postby EagleB3 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:26 am

Absolutely inoperative with FF 57.x version. Can not normally cope with the synchronization of ALL TWO (!) Computers. Constant errors of synchronization, missing bookmarks. Even windows of his service messages work crookedly. Reinstalling the plugin and cleaning the profile does not help. I used this service for a very long time (more than five years), but my patience is over.
----------
Абсолютно неработоспособен с версией FF 57.х. Не может нормально справится с синхронизацией ВСЕГО ДВУХ (!) компьютеров. Постоянные ошибки синхронизации, пропадающие закладки. Криво работают даже окна его служебных сообщений. Переустановки плагина и очистки профиля не помогают. Я использовал этот сервис очень долго (более пяти лет), но терпение закончилось.
EagleB3

is xmarks still supported

Postby flowtrader » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:14 am

As a Premium-Client I still wait for Support-Answer since three days. Here are several other guys, who also wait for answers. So the question is:

Hey LastPass/Xmarks, did you still support xmarks?

flowtrader
flowtrader

Postby jamesp » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:08 am

I too was beginning to assume Xmarks had been abandoned so I started a support ticket to ask them what the latest situation is. Their reply came within a couple of hours and said:

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

At present, our team is still working on the Xmarks extension. However, there are not further updates yet.

To address the login issue, you need to ensure that your browser is properly configured - https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=11472. Let us know the outcome.

Best,
SeanM

The issue I mention in my ticket was the logging out when closing Firefox, their workaround it to change privacy setting so Firefox doesn't clear cookies on close. Not really something I'm happy to do.
jamesp

Postby cbatifoulier611 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:47 am

I feel the same......

It is very buggy since 1 full month now....

I've paid for it but i loose so much time now... error evry couple of days so I WONT RENEW NEXT TIME IF IT DOESNT CHANGE !

Last Pass works perfectly so i think if they want to they can do the same with xmarks... it was so helpfull the firefox sync doesnt seems to work as good at xmarks...
cbatifoulier611

Postby heidion583 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:25 am

Unfortunately I had to disable Xmarks now after experiencing duplication, missing folders and empty folders and just having to deal with the bookmarks constantly . It really has been a pain lately. Still remaining paying user as Lastpass is vital for me.
heidion583

Postby EvoStick693 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:25 pm

I agree Xmarks doesn't seem to be getting much developer attention. I raised a premium support ticket because on Firefox Quantum, Xmarks keeps altering any Live RSS bookmarks to folders. This is a significant PITA to fix when it happens.
This was the response:

RSS sync is currently not supported for Firefox 57. However, I have input a feature request for our team to consider to return this option.

I'm not holding my breath for a fix.

Ho hum - it was good while it lasted, but I'm close to disabling it altogether as well.
EvoStick693

Postby nin763 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:31 am

Hi there.
I have Firefox Quantum.
Xmarks works perfectly well. :D
I have rearranged my bookmarks yesterday and I just compared them with what I see on xmarks.
nin763

Postby snippett » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:21 pm

> It may have been updated but it still doesn't work.

> Duplicate folders. Empty folders. Login popups. Sync failures. Not usable.

^^^THIS^^^ And the missing separators. ;(

My bookmarks are such a mess at this point. If they want to get rid of customers, tossing their data is an excellent way to do it!

I need to make an attempt to combine my current bookmarks, and some old saved version from before they started throwing away things. (Before they manage to lose all the old stuff saved on the server too!) Just finding the most recent old version that is somewhat intact is tedious. Anyone have an idea of an approximate date that this all went south?
snippett

PreviousNext

Return to Xmarks