Lets be honest. XMarks is abandoned.

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Lets be honest. XMarks is abandoned.

Postby boomshankerx » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:50 pm

Having experience the total failure of the Firefox version of the XMarks plugin and given the length of time that Firefox Quantum has been out, I think its safe to say that whomever is paying the bills over at LastPass / Logmein has decided to only allow the summer intern (its winter now) to work on the project.

I've been paying for this product for years now so that I can use all the major browsers. Outside of a few bugs it has worked pretty well over those years.

The FAQ doesn't even mention the obvious issues with the FF plugin. No communication. No explanation. No promise that "We are working on it, please be patient."

Nothing.

Stick a fork in it

It be done.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

A long time faithful (and paying) user.

BooMShanKerX
boomshankerx

Re: Lets be honest. XMarks is abandoned.

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:38 pm

They just updated Xmarks on December 4th, so I highly doubt that it's been abandoned.
jpenny84

Postby boomshankerx » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:11 pm

It may have been updated but it still doesn't work.

Duplicate folders. Empty folders. Login popups. Sync failures. Not usable.
boomshankerx

Postby tmk493 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:31 pm

I was just wondering if any progress has been made. I have stopped using FF altogether as a result of the broken addons (xmarks was essential to my operations, happily working well for years).
Are there any known *good* alternatives that work in FF and Chrome?
tmk493

Postby portfola » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:00 am

This is my experience too, and I'm also a long-time user. Hoping the Xmarks team has not abandoned us.
portfola

Postby stonebridge » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:40 am

Unfortunately, it looks like you are right. I can only hope that they will continue development and release a completely new tool that works with all browsers and hopefully also integrated with iOS just like Lastpass is today. There is so much potential with this tool but the lack of updates from devs speaks more of an abandonment. The first thing they need to do IMO is to update customers and users for their future plan with Xmarks. Start a blog or write emails, i don`t care how they do it but they really need to start communicating with users like they do with Lastpass.
stonebridge

Postby peanutfingers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:32 pm

I'm not seeing a rebuttal from the moderators here, so at the very least customer service is lacking. I only use Firefox if a website chokes on my Chrome security configuration, but the sync failure pop-up on FF is incessant and distracting. And failed syncs have started creating duplicate bookmark folders. So what's the plan? When will Firefox Quantum be supported? As it stand now, I going to have to disable XMarks on FF.
peanutfingers

Postby heidion583 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:38 am

Hello
Sadly I have to add myself to this list of frustrated paying users. How about continuing this list(or a specific new one) to add a bit of weight.
Let's hope for the better :D
heidion583

Postby shazwildcat » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:26 am

portfola Wrote:

This is my experience too, and I'm also a long-time user. Hoping the Xmarks team has not abandoned us.

Yep, same here. After many years of seamless use across multiple browsers and OS I have to admit defeat and stop using Xmarks. Its just not reliable any more, and I certainly won't be paying for it again.
shazwildcat

Postby keppo760 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:08 am

Me too, i stopped using xmarks it was unusable. The time i spent fixing my bookmarks pfff :x
keppo760

Next

Return to Xmarks