Xmarks has gone zonkers

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Xmarks has gone zonkers

Postby fredfe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Over the last couple of weeks I have been getting Xmark Alert messages; sometimes several times a day and they don't seem to solve any problem but take forever to disappear. Now I am getting a corrupted bookmark list and note that all my bookmarks are now duplicated on my Xmark's account page. I tried to use the Merge and the Duplicate tools but that did not solve the problem. This is insane since I have never had such problems in the past years I have been a paid member.

Question: Is there any reason to use Xmarks since Firefox has a sync option for bookmarks? What would the FF bookmarks list look like without Xmarks?
fredfe

Re: Xmarks has gone zonkers

Postby fredfe » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:58 pm

Maybe I was in error criticizing Xmarks recent behavior since I just ran into an article that says that the combination of Firefox Sync and Xmarks will result in corrupted bookmarks. I may have activated FF Sync about the time the sh.t hit the fan. With that info I disabled Xmarks in FF and all seems to be stable again. I'll just follow how well FF Sync deals with my bookmarks and maybe end up not needing Xmarks at all.
fredfe

Return to Xmarks