So long Xmarks, it's been a great ride

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

So long Xmarks, it's been a great ride

Postby maverator » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:23 pm

But you are so obviously broken now, as the red-headed step-child of LastPass, that I am moving on to something else.
I don't know what yet, but I'm sure I'll find something that is perhaps not as perfectly unnoticeable as Xmarks used to be, but which at least works, which unfortunately Xmarks just does not anymore.
I am sick of seeing popups about how my bookmarks can't be synced, when for the last how many YEARS? (I don't even know...) I never even had to worry about it.
Such a shame.
maverator

Re: So long Xmarks, it's been a great ride

Postby jim356 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:44 am

When you find something you like, post it here for the rest of us please.
jim356

Postby NexusBender » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:56 am

Dangit, not the kind of post I want to see when I check in to see if the situation has improved any.

I agree, if you find anything, do let us know.

If they are gonna abandon it, it'd be nice if the open sourced the software and made it possible for us to stand up private servers. I'd totally do that, and I think there'd be a good chance of finding community support to maintain it.
NexusBender

Postby wrogerswx747 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:08 pm

I too have been a long time user of Xmarks, but recently removed the firefox plugin from ff v56 (holding off on upgrading to v57). For me, with ff v56, it seemed to update the xmarks servers, but did not sync out to other Windows firefox machines. No need to endanger having something mess up my bookmarks, so I'll wait this out... perhaps forever.

My temporary (perhaps permanent) work around is to use firefox sync. I'm not much of a cross browser user, so staying with firefox and their bookmarks works for me.

I use the Xmarks ios app and this used to work fine but was in need of a major upgrade. That's how I'd open my ff bookmarks in Safari. But, recently I've found a work around. Now, I'm using ios Icab Mobile. It will sync with firefox bookmarks. This provides a more seem less access while browsing on my Iphone or Ipad.

Sure wish there was away to merge my Safari bookmarks with the firefox bookmarks. ICloud for Windows seems to support this... but I've yet to get this working. AnyTrans is another option that I not tried.

If anyone out there finds a way to easily merge Safari bookmarks and firefox... please announce it here.

Walt Rogers
wrogerswx747

Return to Xmarks