Xmarks Has Become Unusable

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Xmarks Has Become Unusable

Postby NightWriter » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:09 pm

I use Xmarks to try and keep two computers (mostly FireFox) in sync. Here lately (last month or so) when I make a bookmark change on one computer, I either lose all my bookmarks or end up with duplicates. I go into Xmarks and restore from a backup and download that backup. After that, both computers keep giving me the option of downloading or syncing over-and-over. I tried logging out of Xmarks but when I do that and leave the computer, I come back to 50 different dialog boxes wanting me to log in and sync. At that point, I have to close out FireFox to recover or manually close the 50 dialog boxes one-at-a-time.

I tried unchecking the option to automatically sync, figuring I would do it manually. However, Xmarks refuses to remember that setting. The next time I go and check, even if I have not closed FireFox, it has be reset to auto sync again. Frankly, Xmarks has gone from a major help to a royal pain. I've already uninstalled it for IE, which I use only infrequently, and am ready to remove it from FireFox as well unless I can get this resolved soon.
NightWriter

Re: Xmarks Has Become Unusable

Postby lp874 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm fed up with dealing with duplicates, constant login prompts and other inconsistencies. Disabling this add-on for now and using FF sync until this is either fixed and/or a better add-on comes along. So fed up with LMI screwing up xmarks and LP on an ongoing basis.
lp874

Re: Xmarks Has Become Unusable

Postby ywliu1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:25 pm

I believe I have the same issue as yours. viewtopic.php?f=45&t=280395

After cleaning up some duplicated empty folders, I could no longer download bookmarks in FF. And the worst thing is, now the bookmarks are all gone in FF. I have to use Chrome instead.
ywliu1

Return to Xmarks