XMarks isnt working on Firefox

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

XMarks isnt working on Firefox

Postby roblong » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:32 pm

I am getting numerous error dialogues that "You restored or uploaded bookmarks from another computer to our servers. You can sync normally (the safest choice), or you can download the server bookmarks, overwriting your local bookmarks. Which do you prefer?"

If I leave my browser open overnight, I will have about 100 of these. I think its only happening in Firefox.

Is xmarks being actively worked on anymore? Is anyone aware of this problem?
roblong

Re: XMarks isnt working on Firefox

Postby NexusBender » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:23 pm

Sadly, lots of other users are aware of it. Lots of us have just disabled Xmarks at this point because it's causing more problems then it solves.
I'm starting to think that may not be an accident either.
NexusBender

Postby roblong » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:27 pm

Thanks, Are people reporting this for other browsers?

Is XMarks actively supported?
roblong

Postby SteveRB511 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:34 pm

Same issues here with Firefox 56, and 55 on Windows 7 and Firefox 56 on macOS 10.12. Switching between current and previous versions of the Xmark plugin occasionally allowed a synchronization but that was rare so I turned off Xmarks in Firefox and started using Firefox's syncing.

Then, a couple of days ago Xmarks online lost all my bookmarks and then synchronized the loss to Chrome and Safari. Trying to restore from a previous backup on the Xmarks doesn't work since previous backups don't download properly and restoring from a previous backup just hangs up. All of this, what I've read in the forums, and LastPass' slowness and lack of communication on resolving this issue makes me wonder if there is not also a server component to all of this.

Fortunately, since I had previously switched off Xmarks in Firefox and started using Firefox sync I was able to restore bookmarks for Chrome and Safari (after turning off Xmarks for them) by importing Firefox bookmarks.This is a little more cumbersome that using Xmarks but at least it works.
SteveRB511

Return to Xmarks