Last update broke sync & seperator issues

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Last update broke sync & seperator issues

Postby imajica136 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:36 am

Last night there was an update to the Xmarks addon. All of a sudden it broke the sync. I had to log back in and manually setup the syncing and have it download the bookmarks off the server. One would think that an update to the app would not break it. When i came into work this morning, it had synced ALL bookmarks, not the ones for the profile i had set for work. However i did have to log back in. The sync kept failing as well. I ended up having to download from the server, which got the profile right and all was well, except the separators. Now the work PC is fine again.

At the same time, I have never been able to get the separators to sync properly. As i read another user's problems with separators, i have always had the issue. Not just with FF 56. The separators show up properly on the web interface to Xmarks, but when it syncs all the separators move to the bottom of the folder where they are found or at the end of the toolbar on top. I can manually put them back in place and they will stay there until i have to do a manual sync from the server. Auto syncs will keep the separators in place. It is very frustrating. If it was only due to FF56 i would wait for a fix, but it has never worked properly.
imajica136

Re: Last update broke sync & seperator issues

Postby JJG » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:48 am

I have the same issue. Broke my separators and double downloaded my bookmarks except 1 set of folders is completely empty.

Can't even get the website to load probably to check the server side marks.

Are they still supporting this?
JJG

Re: Last update broke sync & seperator issues

Postby imajica136 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:08 pm

They still support Xmarks as far as i know. I have only really had issues with the beta plugins designed for FF57. The old version of the plugin never seemed to cause me nearly as much grief as this new version.

AS to the web interface, it works and i never have an issue. I tend to go to it directly versus clicking on the link within the plugin. that does not always work.
imajica136

Return to Xmarks