Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Hey LastPass Xmarks is making you look bad

Postby digilect » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:02 pm

It's a total S**T Show! Shopping for a new solution. :|
digilect

Postby farfrumcrashen » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Totally forgot that LogMeIn took over earlier this year, until I came across this thread. Guess that explains why the yearly rate is going up for LastPass, and updates for Xmarks pretty much stopped altogether. The last Xmarks update was version 4.4.1 - 10 months ago (Feb 4, 2017)... just 2 days after I got an email about the "changes to my account" explaining the completion of the merger.

I'll likely just use Firefox Sync as well now, even though I liked having a platform agnostic solution like Xmarks. I've been paying for LastPass Premium since 2009 even though I didn't actually need any of the features at the time, but wanted to support them. Later on it was required to use the app on my phone, which was certainly handy, but now it doesn't look like that's required anymore... so might as well just go free version again and stop supporting LogMeIn.
farfrumcrashen

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:12 pm

farfrumcrashen Wrote:Totally forgot that LogMeIn took over earlier this year, until I came across this thread. .

The purchase actually took place in 2015. There was no price increase with LastPass personal products for close to two years. In fact since the acquisition they made multiple previously paid features available to free users.

https://blog.lastpass.com/2015/10/lastp ... mein.html/
jpenny84

Postby jan853 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Dear jpenny84,

did you anyhow notice that this topic is not at all about which company bought which company and when? Who cares?

We are all just users of software that worked great for many years and we would so very very much like to keep it that way. Please tell us clearly that all these troubles with Xmarks will be over soon, or we will all be leaving. Or at least explain why this is happening. A professional software company which doesn't succed at all in adapting a relatively simple piece of software in two years time? My trust in this company is experiencing hard times...

The same applies to Lastpass. I have never been so terribly disappointed about software for which I purchased a premium account.

I'm afraid that right at this moment Bitwarden is taking over most of LastPass' customers, simply by being clear, sincere and to the point, besides simply delivering an add-on that really works.

PLEASE COMMUNICATE !!!!
jan853

Postby keppo760 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:00 am

just came here to see what is going on with xmarks. A lot of things going wrong. I thought of a last visited maybe give it another change. it seems unlikely it is going to work. Same problems exists with the syncing profiles. The reason why i stopped working with xmarks in the first place.

Comforting to see i'm not the only one. Something good came out of it. I was made aware of bitwarden. That one looks promising.

So adios xmarks, again. you still suck!
keppo760

Postby rogw » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:08 am

One more angry ex-Xmarks user here who has switched to FF sync. Shame it's not cross-platform as others have said, but It Works!

Xmarks/Lastpass/LogMeIn: your "premium support" is disgraceful. But probably no-one from the company bothers to read a mere user support forum. They are too busy "...driving meaningful insight, deeper relationships and better outcomes for all" [plus several more paragraphs of corporate guff on their "about" page: https://www.logmeininc.com/about-us].

I have also been using Bitwarden for a few weeks and it works well. Lastpass Premium renewal cancelled. Goodbye!
rogw

Postby jlmarra » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:00 pm

My Xmarks stopped working about 2 months ago and I switched to Firefox Sync across 3 different computers. I discovered last night that Firefox Sync is screwing up my bookmarks including a lot of my bookmarks are missing. I was able to locate the missing bookmarks on one of my computers. I exported them to HTML and tried to import to one of the the other computers and kept getting script timeout errors. Firefox Sync is not the holy grail be warned. I'm a longtime Firefox user but maybe moving away from it as my everyday browser because of the sync issues and a bug when creating new bookmark folders.

Check out Bookmarkos.com, it's cloud based but you can import and export bookmarks. I just found it today, still playing.
jlmarra

Postby brownslink » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:01 pm

Face it. You can't trust a company that handles the end-of-life of a product this way with your passwords.
brownslink

Previous

Return to Xmarks