Xmarks synchronization is endless

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Xmarks synchronization is endless

Postby Ashur » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:33 pm

Hello.

I have been using Xmarks for a very long time (since it used to be called Foxmarks).
Actually, I had stopped to use it some time ago because of an annoying issue and had switched to Firefox Sync.
But since I need to use again several types of browsers, I am giving Xmarks a try again, .. but face the same issue again.

So what is the issue ? Simple : when I ask Xmarks to synchronize (in Firefox, using Tools > Xmarks > Synchronize now), it starts but never ends : the Xmarks window opens, I can see the animated gliding bar, it shows "Bookmarks : ready" (the other features are deactivated) and it stays in this state endlessly. I already tried leaving it to sync a whole night, with no result. In the end, I simply cancel by closing the window. But I can see between my various computers that they don't get synchronized.

To be fair, I have many bookmarks, probably over a thousand. So I would understand if sync was slow .. but not stuck !

Environment : Firefox up-to-date, additionally Chromium browser. OS : Ubuntu or Windows 7.

I am ready to send by PM an export of my bookmarks if it helps.

Ashur.
Ashur

Re: Xmarks synchronization is endless

Postby jim356 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:42 am

That's just one of the many new "features" of Xmarks. Fortunately it's the most benign. The other new features include: loss of bookmarks, scrambled bookmarks, duplicated bookmarks, deleted RSS feeds, and so on.

You may want to stick with FF native sync.

The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem and Xmarks doesn't seem to have taken that first step yet.
jim356

Return to Xmarks