FIREFOX ONLY - HOW TO FIX THE "GETTING LOGGED OUT AFTER CLOSING FIREFOX" PROBLEM.
Here is how to fix FIREFOX so xmarks wont log out every time you close Firefox.
BUT, before I show you..... XMARKS you made me lose a months worth of Bookmarks and caused me to waste at least 12 hours of time trying to get my bookmarks back and working. So F'YOU.
Now that Ive got that out of the way... here is the fix for FIrefox.
1) Clear ALL of your cookies
2) Go to Tools->Options->Priv Sec (on left menu)
3) Under the HISTORY section -
FIrefox Will - "use custom settings for history"
Always use priv brows mode (uncheck)
Remember my browsing and download history (check)
Remember search and form history (check)
Accept cookies from websites (check)
Accept 3rd Party Cookies "Always"
Keep Until "I Close Firefox"
Clear History When Firefox Closes (uncheck)
4) Go to the top of Firefox into History->Clear Recent History-> and make sure "cookies" and "site preferences" are UNCHECKED
5) Now we need to set a cookie exception so we dont get logged out of xmarks. Go to this website and follow the instructions:https://www.ghacks.net/2017/10/10/how-t ... e-cookies/
or do this:
1 Load about:debugging in Firefox to get started. The page lists all system add-ons, and all installed extensions of the Firefox browser.
2 Locate the browser extension that you want to add exceptions for. You find the internal UUID listed next to extensions that you have installed in the browser. This helps with the identification.
3 Click on Manifest URL underneath the extension listing.
4 Right-click on the page that opens, and select View Page Info from the context menu.
5 Switch to the Permissions tab of the Page Info window.
6 Locate Set Cookies in the list of permissions. Remove the checkmark from "use default", and set it to allow instead.
7 Repeat the process for any other extension that requires access to cookies.
8 Restart Firefox.
6) If you use Ccleaner - go in and uncheck "cookies and site preferences" for firefox (find them in the Applications Tab)
7) You may or may Not have to uninstall and reinstall the xmarks for firefox plugin. I didnt have to but you might..... Now click on the xmarks icon located at the top right of firefox and either open Xmarks Settings and sign in - or - do the set up wizard stuff if you want to use a specific xmarks profile.
If you follow the above steps, you will no longer be logged out of xmarks each time you close firefox AND all your cookies will be deleted (except xmarks) when firefox is closed AND you can clear your history via Firefox and/or Ccleaner without worry. It worked for me. However, tomorrow it may go all to hell again so who knows.
As of Nov 6th 6pm everything seems to be functioning. Sometimes the sync takes a while but sometimes its only 10 seconds. luckily, it is syncing and I havent had any errors for a couple days.
However, I dont think the automatic syn is working. I have to manually push the "synchronize now" button via the xmarks icon.