Getting as many a 50 new xmarks tabs for authentication

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Getting as many a 50 new xmarks tabs for authentication

Postby lafritz213 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:21 pm

Along those lines, I've been seriously considering switching to the FF ESR version (currently v 52.4), which will be supported until the release of v 59 next March. This way security patches will still be made available, but all my old "legacy" extensions will continue to work. (You can get it here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/o ... tions/all/). Then I may also revert back to an older version of XM to get away from the continuing problems, although that won't resolve the recurring issues I (and others) have been having accessing bookmarks directly on the server through my.xmarks.com should the need arise.
lafritz213

Postby dsaada957 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:40 pm

Same problem here. Getting an infinite number of Xmarks related tabs. Either authentication failures or an "Invalid internal config; something has gone awry!" message.
Would someone remind me of why I use Xmarks instead of FF sync? I really can't remember now.
dsaada957

Postby RickM » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:26 pm

One reason for Xmarks sync over Firefox Sync is that FF only syncs last 60 days of history. Xmarks is longer ( maybe a few years?); although I think I read once that the limit is a set amount of storage space, not a specific N months or N years ago.
RickM

Postby dsaada957 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:40 am

Thanks. You convinced me. As I don't need history sync on the one hand, and as Xmarks doesn't work on mobile (AFAIK) on the other hand, seems like ditching Xmarks is the logical thing to do now.
dsaada957

Postby ctina » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:40 pm

I get infinite number of login dialogs as well. Even if I restart Firefox, the multi (many) dialogs reappear.

Is RickM's method (reinstalling to a lower release) still the best? I am on 4.5.0.4 of XM, and willing to return to 4.4.1, but I don't want to change Firefox version (and possibly cause other problems).

(How exactly would I find XM 4.5.0.4?)

Why do we not yet see a response from XMarks, providing the proper fix or patch? I would have thought that five days was enough.

FF 56.0.2
ctina

Postby FrillyGlove » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:19 am

Same here. I'm over 100 dialogs in under a minute...
FrillyGlove

Postby v3pdt » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Has anyone found a solution? Using:
-57.0.1 (64-bit)
-Xmarks, version 4.5.0.4

It started doing this in september/october then it stopped with the new firefox release (Quantum) then it came back again a week ago FML

-K
v3pdt

Postby dborden » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:50 pm

The Xmarks authentication problem has me ready to dump Firefox from all my devices and all operating systems. I'm already making the shift to Linux after Windoze 10 latest update snafu that forced reinstallation of Windoze and all applications. It's disappointing that it looked like Firefox had caught up to Chrome but the latest problems with Firefox make it more burdensome than Chrome. Updates and upgrades are supposed to resolve problems, not cause even more new ones. We recognize there will always be some circumstance that will create a problem, but please at least solve 80% of them the current problems before you release a version that creates new ones.
dborden

Previous

Return to Xmarks