Xmarks 4.5.0.4 is finally working in Firefox 56.0.2

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Xmarks 4.5.0.4 is finally working in Firefox 56.0.2

Postby kwinpeter » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:49 am

Hi,

Since Firefox 56, Xmarks was not working anymore, I also could not get the beta working, so I decided a few weeks back to install Firefox 55 again.

But today, My Xmarks was automatically updated to 4.5.0.4, and stopped synchronizing.
I installed latest version of Firefox again, but also that didn’t help me. It just keep synchronizing, but it changed nothing on the server…
I was busy with it many hours, finally it’s working…

I could get it working like this:
Installed latest version of Firefox and Xmarks
Manual upload my bookmarks to the server again (advanced tab)
After that, synchronizing works again like it always worked before.

I really hope my problems with Xmarks are over now, I post it in case someone has same problem, and many thanx to the Xmarks team for this Webextension version :)

Grts
kwinpeter

Re: Xmarks 4.5.0.4 is finally working in Firefox 56.0.2

Postby DontCare » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:00 pm

Except that all bookmark dividers/separators are broken!!!
All separators are now collected at the bottom. Any separators inside folders are completely missing.

Anyone also have this?
DontCare

Postby Earthlark » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:05 am

I didn't really notice that dividers were broken because I haven't used many. However, when I opened FF (57.0b12 today, I noticed that Xmarks had magically become active again was asking me to log in, which I did. Then it synced... and duplicated my bookmarks. :-/
Earthlark

Postby PawHeart » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:21 pm

Unfortunately it is NOT working on my PC (Firefox 56.0.2, XMarks 4.5.0.4, Windows 10 32 bit). I've uploaded and downloaded the bookmarks to/from the server which worked (very slow, but it did) but the behaviour still stays the same:
- Login is not remembered - I have to login again every time after Firefox has been started
- All settings (f.e. uncheck sync of 'Open Tabs') get lost every time Firefox is shut down
and the main problem:
- sync of bookmarks does NOT work!

The behaviour of the add-on in general is very unusual. Manual syncs run indefinitely, the client bookmarks get doubled (thank God I've had made a backup first!) and other strange things.

I think it is simply irresponsible to spread such a faulty and badly tested version which causes troubles and many hours of lost time with thousands of users! :evil:
PawHeart

Postby Blackbird » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:47 am

DontCare Wrote:Except that all bookmark dividers/separators are broken!!!
All separators are now collected at the bottom. Any separators inside folders are completely missing.

Anyone also have this?

ya i have exactly same problem all my bookmark dividers gone :(((
i am on 4.5.03.a
Blackbird

Postby grahamlpxm » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:23 am

I'm on Firefox 57.0 and XMarks 4.5.0.7.

Xmarks is just a horrible experience right now. Nothing works reliably or as expected! Some of the issues I'm seeing are:

* Not remembering user ID. I have to login everytime I start Firefox.
* Everytime I login it starts the configuration wizard.
* I get multiple login boxes which seem to keep coming until I close them. I only need to login any one of them to actually be logged in.
* Synchronisation is completely hit and miss. More often then not I get multiple duplicates of bookmarks.
* Bookmarks in folders get moved and/or duplicated in to the root folder.

Being a long-time paid user of both LastPass and XMarks I'm really disappointed with the level of attention this is receiving and tha apparent lack of any testing!

LastPass too still has issues and lost features (e.g. copy username / password) but it is at least barely functional, unlike XMarks!
grahamlpxm

Return to Xmarks