Xmarks and Firefox WebExtension compatibility

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Xmarks and Firefox WebExtension compatibility

Postby ChrisG683 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi there, I searched around but I haven't seen much about if LastPass is going to be moving Xmarks on Firefox to the WebExtension API. Even in its current state it only works on 2 of my 3 nightly builds, and seems to be getting less stable as time goes on.

Soon support for the extension will be dropped altogether and that's definitely not good news! I would love to keep using Xmarks, so hopefully we get some good news soon =)
ChrisG683

Re: Xmarks and Firefox WebExtension compatibility

Postby irvinm » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:23 pm

I was wondering the same thing. I've started playing with the Firefox 57 nightlies and surprised Xmarks was not a WebExtension already. I am not sure I am ready for a non-Xmarks browser experience, so I am hoping for so good news.
irvinm

Postby GAJ » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:09 am

I am also looking forward very much to a Xmarks Webextension-compatible version.

With Firefox 54 onward, development has geared towards multi-processing, if compatible add-ons allow to use this, otherwise multi-processing is disabled.
The current version of Xmarks still runs in Firefox, but is also disables multi-processing, which is a shame as this does not increase the speed and stabilty of the browser.
As far as I understand, in Firefox 57 (due november 2017) all incompatible extenxions will automatically disabled, and the nightly of 57 already shows that this is true.

So please LastPass & Xmarks, start to into develop a compatible WebExtension for Firefox!
GAJ

Postby sfuller484 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Ditto.
sfuller484

Postby Yessas » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:26 am

No reply of LastPass? "Need" this extension for Firefox > 55.
Yessas

Postby jessem » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:50 pm

I've noticed the downward spiral ever since LastPass / XMarks sold out to Logmein.com. After that, the plug-ins have gradually gotten buggier and updated less frequently I was a paying customer for years for both of them until the services started circling the drain after the Logmein sellout.

And now that Citrix has bought Logmein, LastPass is even further down the food chain so I would not plan on Xmarks being updated and I am looking for a replacement for both.
jessem

Postby intowernet326 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:13 am

I am also looking for a replacement. Anybody have any suggestions?
intowernet326

Lastpass Firefox version 57 compatibility

Postby blicher » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:30 am

Hi,

Will Lastpass and XMarks be updated to work in coming version 57 of Firefox due in November?
After this date only updated add-ons will work on Firefox.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... =inproduct

/B
blicher

LastPass & Xmarks no longer work!

Postby Haflinger1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:06 pm

I recently, (better yet, MOZILLIA), upgraded my browser to version 55.0.3 64 bit. Xmarks is NO LONGER compatible and Last Pass doesn't display ANY matching sites, just a blank boxk with a "back" option. The LastPass Icon DOES show how many sites are associated with a domain. Please be aware that I HAVE purchased the bundled package and if you can no longer support your programs, I want my money back and will search for programs that ARE compatible with Firefox! When printed out, I have about 5 pages of sites saved in LastPass, so enetring them all manually is NOT an option.

Thank you.
Haflinger1

Postby rel » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:37 pm

To Haflinger1

I had the same problem with the blank box and do-nothing back button. I put a ticket in to LastPass support and finally got the answer and two solutions. (Thanks to Chris N.)

I was told that "Setting up a new profile will not resolve the issue regarding to only seeing the Back Button." (This was from an earlier reply before it got escalated.)

'This issue occurs when "Show Matching Sites in top level menu" is enabled. With this enabled, it should not show the "Show Matching Sites" link, however it still does - causing this to break. This has already been reported to our development team for their fix and will be released in the next update. If this occurs again, please disable and re-enable your LastPass plugin via Firefox extension settings. Also please temporarily disable "Show Matching Sites in top level menu" in your preference > advance.'

The other solution was to revert to version 4.1.54a after uninstalling any later version. Since I have seven PCs with multiple users to maintain, I chose to simple uncheck the "Show Matching Sites in top level menu" in my Icon's preferences > advance menu. That was a week ago and I haven't had a problem since. I'm still using version 4.1.65a on several Firefox versions including 55.0.3 64bit.

Good Luck
rel

Next

Return to Xmarks