No Xmarks menu found

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

No Xmarks menu found

Postby fredfe » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:25 am

ZTE Axon 7; Android 7.1.1

I cannot sync my Xmarks bookmarks because I cannot find a menu. I note that there have been previous similar problems but they seem to have been solved by long pressing on the Back button. In my case that results in a "app does not support split screen" message along with the usual depictions of previous apps used and no menu. I have subbmitted my issue to Help but they seem to be unable to fix it and have stopped communicating with me.

Anyone else out there with an Axon 7 and Xmarks?
fredfe

Re: No Xmarks menu found

Postby bluespapa » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:09 pm

I can get the menu with a long click of the back button (thank you for that, because I couldn't figure out how to get it on a newer version of Android that doesn't have a menu button). Most apps have put three lines on the upper left or right to open a menu. It should be here.

But the option of adding a website or folder is gone. I'd really like that option back. Also, it almost always backs up to the root before opening the menu when you hold down the back button. A menu button would solve that last part.
bluespapa

Re: No Xmarks menu found

Postby scottjal » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:44 am

The android app is in desperate need of a UI overhaul. The three dot menu button in bottom right of nav bar has been deprecated for a long time now. I can still see it on stockish android but most OEM have done things to their UI that make it hidden, because no one is supposed to be doing this anymore.
scottjal

Return to Xmarks