Xmarks Broken ?

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: What's up with Xmarks and Chrome 58? Not syncing for a w

Postby norbert432 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:49 am

Same issue here for approx. a week now, cannot sync between laptop and desktop.

Both Chrome on Windows 10 (all updated to latest versions). Error msg from Chrome says:

bookmarks error: Error with sync response: Invalid response object: {"status":-3,"errormsg":"Unknown HTTP response: 502","text":"Bad Gateway","len":568,"seclevel":1}
norbert432

Xmarks Broken ?

Postby Garfiled » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:31 am

Out of a sudden all my bookmarks disappeared from the server ! Support confirmed there is an issue with the server but no other details
Garfiled

6/27 WTH? I cannot access Xmarks Bookmarks online ...

Postby jackdasjack » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:32 am

When I go to the Xmarks account site it shows the "earth" icon and loads the word BOOKMARKS at the top but no further. I have dumped cache, turned the modem on and off. Done all I can think but it will not show my bookmarks. I've tried the "restore old bookmarks" and it loads and says there is a sync problem try again later???? What is going on here? THX! :roll:
jackdasjack

Is there an expected timeline to fix XMarks?

Postby Carr0t » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:46 am

My browser plugin (Chrome) is refusing to sync, with the error:

bookmarks error: Error with sync response: Invalid response object: {"status":-3,"errormsg":"Unknown HTTP response: 502","text":"Bad Gateway","len":568,"seclevel":1}

502 would seem to suggest a remote issue with XMarks, rather than an issue with my browser plugin. Further to that, if I go to the XMarks website and log in to view my bookmarks, I am presented with an empty 'Bookmarks' folder where it should have a large number of bookmarks and 3 separate sync profiles.

If I click on the 'Sync Profiles' button to try an access/manage my sync profiles it sits there for a while and then eventually fails with the error:

An unknown synchronization error occurred.

Sometimes reloading this page will fix the problem.

If not, please try again later. Email support
for more information.

(reloading the page did not fix the problem). This would seem to suggest some larger problem with the XMarks backend, if even their own website, in 3 different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) cannot load any of the information within my account. In addition, the website feels even more sluggish than normal...
Carr0t

Postby anon42424242 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:50 am

I'm getting the same error

Chrome: Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit)
anon42424242

Postby jackdasjack » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:54 am

I just posted a similar topic. It hasn't been approved. But I just noticed that my Xmarks aren't syncing. Went to my online X account and the bookmarks won't show. When I looked at restoring old versions they were not there, same thing sync error. I even tried the Wizard to import the bookmarks again from the browser. Won't work. So frustrating. :roll:
jackdasjack

My bookmarks suddenly disappeared!

Postby larincon1009 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:55 am

Yesterday, my bookmarks disappeared suddenly, no warning. I don't have any other synching app installed. Xmarks was working perfectly fine and suddenly when I refreshed my browser my bookmark folder emptied!! I've been trying on different browsers, pc, mac, iphone, ipad.... nothing. All present an empy bookmarks folder when I log in to my account.
I'm desperate to recover years of saved boomarks. Please help. Thank you
larincon1009

Re: My bookmarks suddenly disappeared!

Postby aaac1117793 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:01 am

Something similar is happening to me. I cannot synchronize. Tried different browsers in different locations and different servers. Please let us know what is going on.

Cheers,
aaac1117793

Re: "Changes to sync"?

Postby thundercatz » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:21 am

Same issue since I've installed it. The yellow exclamation mark appears (sometimes without any actual changes to the bookmarks), and I have to manually sync it. (Although now it's not working at all...see the more recent thread about it no longer working at all for many of us).
thundercatz

Postby thundercatz » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:22 am

Same problem!
thundercatz

PreviousNext

Return to Xmarks