Fix Xmarks for iOS 11!

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Fix Xmarks for iOS 11!

Postby cgtyoder » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:32 am

Dear LastPass Management:

If you haven't already heard, your Xmarks app for iOS will stop working with iOS 11, due to be released soon. As a paying customer, this is unacceptable that you haven't updated the app in years, and soon it may completely stop working if you don't AT A BARE MINIMUM recompile it for 64-bit arch.

Please get your act together and give us a version that works with the current iOS version.

Or is this product dead now?
cgtyoder

Please update Xmarks app for iOS 11

Postby misc2341 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:46 pm

It needs to be recompiled for x64. It will stop working after iOS 11. That product line has been so stagnant for years, as a paying customer, I'd really appreciate an update. It's just a bookmark manager, should be trivial!
misc2341

Re: Fix Xmarks for iOS 11!

Postby misc2341 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Agreed... I still use it because I need to use multiple browsers and don't want to rely upon a single ecosystem for bookmark syncing (eg. Chrome, Safari iCloud, etc.). I can't imagine there are many paying customers of that service out there anymore, but I'm one of them and would really appreciate an update. It seems like a trivial app; it's just a bookmark manager, simple tree structure.
misc2341

Postby skubis » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:23 am

I'm on beta iOS11 and Xmarks no longer works. When will it be recompiled? This should be trivial, and you need to support your paying customers. Or given the lack of updates, no Edge support, etc., are you not planning to advance the product any longer? If not, let us know so we can cancel our subscriptions. Thanks.
skubis

Postby robertjm » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:50 pm

I recently opened a trouble ticket about this, and the response I got back says that they are aware of this issue and "hopefully" will be able to release an updated version by the time iOS 11 is available. I presume they mean the release version is out.

Pretty disappointed as well. I had wanted to install the iOS 11 beta to do some some testing. But, thankfully, checked before doing so because I had three programs that would be going belly up; one of them Xmarks.
robertjm

Postby scottjal » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:47 am

I just filed a support ticket, did a search and found this. I would really like a clear statement that Xmarks is going to be killed or not. From what I read it's trivial to update it for iOS 11, just a recompile and push to the store. iOS 11 is a couple months away, are we really going to wait until last minute? Here we are giving the holy grail of recurring revenue and being treated like this is a slap in the face, last update 2014 for the iOS app and 2012 for the android app. I use LastPass daily and it's amazing, I know the team can put out good software. If you need to raise the price do it, but also put out some updates and improvements.

I'm taking a serious look at EverHelper as an alternate but haven't seen it's as browser agnostic as xmarks.
scottjal

Postby LastJay » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:20 pm

Another question as to how xmarks will continue is how the reduced payment for the combination of xmarks and LastPass will work with LastPass's new $24 price. Before this change a year of both xmarks and LastPass could be had for $20 total instead of $12 and $12 or $24. What is the new policy for a combined subscription? (And yes, I also need the 64-bit version!!!)
LastJay

Postby LastJay » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:46 pm

I asked LastPass support about both the Xmarks+LastPass Premium (Premium combo) as well as the 64-bit Xmarks iOS app. Here are their replies:

Question: Given the new pricing for LastPass Premium (and the new LastPass Family), how will the reduced payment for the combination of Xmarks and LastPass work for me with LastPass's new $24 price. Before this change in January I paid for a year of both Xmarks and LastPass for $20 total instead of $12 and $12 or $24. What is the new policy for a combined subscription?

LastPass Support's Answer: Premium services will differ from Family services. Therefore, the two services will overlap in their functionality in certain regards (i.e. one-to-many sharing, Emergency Access, etc.). Therefore, it is recommended that either Premium or Families is active, but not both. Xmarks can be purchased in the future a-la-carte or using the Premium combo which you currently have.

Question: I need a 64-bit version for Xmarks for my iPhone and iPad. Without this there is no reason for me to continue my Xmarks subscription. When can I get this before iOS 11 is released in a month or two?

LastPass Support's Answer: As a beta operating system, iOS 11 is not officially supported. However, our team is aware and prepared for the launch date.

Looks like there will be a 64-bit iOS version of Xmarks by iOS 11's launch.
LastJay

Postby skubis » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:31 pm

Got final iOS 11 today and xmarks not compatible. Guess they lied, don't intend to support the product, and don't care about their customers that paid already.
skubis

Postby fryrpc6 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:52 am

With regards to the bundle pricing following the shock doubling of LastPass premium price - I was advised that the $20 would rise to $32 at next renewal. So I disabled auto renewal, exported my Passwords and Bookmarks and took my business elsewhere.
fryrpc6

Next

Return to Xmarks