Xmarks app Android 5 years old

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Xmarks app Android 5 years old

Postby Roland » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:51 am

Will we ever see an update of the xmarks-app for Android? 5 years without update??
The app for IOS is also very old.
Roland

Re: Xmarks app Android 5 years old

Postby SharkyPI » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:38 pm

Probably not. I've written countless support tickets, suggestions, requests, even mocked up material design interface improvement ideas. They clearly don't give a rats arse about xmarks and are happy for it to continue to languish, only fixing crucial bugs which are less likely to come up because they never change anything or improve the software. Damn shame - buy a class leading product then just ignore it so it atrophies.
SharkyPI

Postby Roland » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:00 pm

I stopped paying Lastpass Premium; they asked me why. Well, because of Xmarks for android and IOS.
This is their reply:

Hello Roland,

Thank you for contacting LastPass Support.
Thank you for your feedback on LastPass Premium.
For your concern with Xmarks, I believe we have some works on goingly for Xmarks, but there's no current feedback on when they will release a newer version of the app and the utility.

Please do let us know if you require any further assistance.

Best,
Gisela
Roland

Postby scottjal » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:24 am

Roland Wrote:I stopped paying Lastpass Premium; they asked me why. Well, because of Xmarks for android and IOS.
This is their reply:

Hello Roland,

Thank you for contacting LastPass Support.
Thank you for your feedback on LastPass Premium.
For your concern with Xmarks, I believe we have some works on goingly for Xmarks, but there's no current feedback on when they will release a newer version of the app and the utility.

Please do let us know if you require any further assistance.

Best,
Gisela

I just got much the same answer recently. Basically for me I'm going to wait till iOS 11 ships which apple has been warning us about for a year or more now will break Xmarks. If they won't even recompile the thing for the new architecture that's my sign it's completely dead and they don't deserve money anymore. Honestly this should happened already with the betas out now, which has proven to break Xmarks. Ideally I want a whole new app for iOS and Android by the end of the summer but I strongly suspect these CS comments are complete BS.
scottjal

Return to Xmarks