Use Xmarks for Safari on iOS devices

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Use Xmarks for Safari on iOS devices

Postby stonebridge » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:32 am

I think all of us paying customers deserves to know what your plan is for XMarks future. Will there be a refresh app and/or a way to sync bookmarks directly with Safari?
Please update us.
stonebridge

Postby human4729 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:50 pm

iCloud bookmark sync is awful. I can sync all my bookmarks using XMarks with the exception of iOS. When will XMarks be able to sync with iPhone and iPad?
human4729

Postby davelevinJWT » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:54 pm

I agree with @stonebridge. I'm a premium Lastpass customer and I use Xmarks on my desktop browsers. How do install Xmarks on my iOS Safari browser ?
davelevinJWT

Postby Proto732 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:04 am

Looks like the Xmarks for iOS app dies today with the release of iOS 11 ... since it was never updated to 64 bit.

So long 32bit app.

Personally I've taken to using iTunes to sync my IE Bookmarks to the device on every sync with my PC. Not real time, but it works.
I don't use IE to browse on the PC (use Firefox), and I use Safari on my Mac, but as long as the Xmarks for IE is syncing all my multiplatform browser bookmarks sync to my iPhone and Pad.
Proto732

64bit iOS support for Premium Customers

Postby BLD001 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Can we have an explicit response for Premium customers who pay to use an iOS app that becomes obsolete with today's introduction of iOS 11? Despite suggestions indicating that iOS11 will be supported, those of us paying for the facility have no idea if Xmarks have simply failed to respond to the introduction of iOS 11 in time (not as though there hasn't been sufficient notice!), or if the company is happy to stop supporting iOS while happily still charging customers. Frankly, I'm struggling to consider trusting such an organisation with my essential data (passwords) - clearly you cannot be trusted!
BLD001

Postby Ruediger » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:49 pm

I´ve got this answer today:

"Unfortunately there is no current plans to update the Xmarks app at this time but we hope that the dev team should do one soon. If you have upgraded to iOS 11 we can stop the auto renewal on your subscription."
Ruediger

Postby cgtyoder » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:41 pm

I mentioned this in another thread, but I did get an Xmarks update in iOS today (1.5.5), which makes it iOS 11-compatible. Very odd their tech support would give you an answer like that, that there are no plans to release a new version!
cgtyoder

Postby fryrpc6 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:10 am

Too little - too late for me. Just confirmed to me what they think of their loyal customers who are paying for app that has had no development and abandoned until someone eventually recompiled it following customer complaints. Other app makers released IOS 11 compatible versions ages ago - well before the release so that their customer would have a smooth operating system upgrade.
fryrpc6

Postby devomcduff » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:45 am

Any progress on this? I'm also a premium subscriber but am disillusioned by the lack of updates for paying customers.
devomcduff

Postby stonebridge » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:38 pm

devomcduff Wrote:Any progress on this? I'm also a premium subscriber but am disillusioned by the lack of updates for paying customers.

It`s over! see this thread https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=297065
stonebridge

Previous

Return to Xmarks