Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: xMarks for Edge Browser

Postby jfreeman3 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:29 pm

The lack of any response from xMarks is disappointing
jfreeman3

Postby dbartenstein » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:08 am

Count me as another vote for Xmarks in Edge. The lack of response from Last Pass is very disappointing and the "no extensions" argument stopped being valid a LONG time go.
dbartenstein

Edge Extension

Postby vinodajacob229 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:39 am

Is there a possibility that you will create an extension for the Microsoft Edge browser?
I pretty much use the Edge browser as my daily driver for the web and would like to be able to save and synchronize my bookmarks across multiple browsers
Now that Edge now supports extensions are there any plans to create a Xmarks extension much like what is done with the Lastpass Extension

I love the software which is why am a repeat subscriber - keep up the great work

-Vinod
vinodajacob229

Postby mtcsltd » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:44 am

I raised a support ticket back in November with Xmarks requesting an Xmarks extension for Edge. They replied that they'd forwarded the request to their development team for further review but that there was no plan to implement Xmarks support in Edge.

I think I'll have to stop paying them. It's been unreliable recently too, so LogMeIn/Lastpass appear to be letting it die.
Does anyone know of good alternatives to Xmarks?
mtcsltd

Postby negated » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:22 pm

FYI, the problem isn't currently that there isn't extension support in Edge (there is), the current blocking issue is that Edge does not have an API to read/write favorites/bookmarks. Until a future version of Edge (which is rev'ed with the OS version) has an API for this, XMarks doesn't have any ability to do anything here.

Edit: Actually, I stand corrected: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions/api-support/supported-apis

It's there. Get on it XMarks! :lol:
negated

Postby HairyScot » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:58 am

The is something in the Windows Store which purports to be a version of Xmarks for Edge but it does not operate in the same way as Xmarks on Firefox/Chrome/IE.
I could not figure out how to use it.
However, since I have all four browsers (Firefox/Chrome/IE/Edge) installed on my Windows 10 system I opted for a solution that automatically syncs favourites between IE and Edge.
Details are here:- https://www.windowscentral.com/how-keep ... windows-10
HairyScot

Postby daxwhitehouse809 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:29 pm

For now, install Xmarks for IE, and then turn on Edge to IE sync through group policy editor. It works flawlessly, until IE is removed.
daxwhitehouse809

Will XMarks ever have Edge support

Postby Matthew1234567890 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:32 am

Hello,

I use the Edge Browser (I'm probably the only one the World who does) and I was wondering if Xmarks will ever make an extension for the Edge Browser. I use Windows 10 S, so I'm required to use Edge, and the current Xmarks app in the Windows Store will not allow me to import my existing bookmarks. The XMarks FAQ states "Currently, there is no Xmarks extension for Edge", yet that looks like it was written after the Anniversary Update was released (about a year ago).
Matthew1234567890

Previous

Return to Xmarks