What happens exactly with SYNC Xmarks ?

Xmarks support forums

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

What happens exactly with SYNC Xmarks ?

Postby Merel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:39 am

I searched the user manual to get more information on how function SYNC is operating.
I didn't find the definition of XMarks on it's 'Sync'.
So I'm missing the big picture and I remained with many doubts.

Actually my concern is to understand what is happening, when XMarks talks about that magical but a bit obscure 'sync'.
What is source and what is destination of the sync operation ? This kind of basic operation is not easely found in the manual.

I'm a regular user of software Syncback for windows, where 'Profiles' are defining 'mirroring' 'backup' 'source and destination' etc.
I was hoping to find similar concepts and explanations for Xmarks profiles. However that wasn't much help.

Is adding/deleting a bookmark in a browser affecting Xmarks in exactly the same when syncing ?
Meaning the browser bookmarks would at all times be the source to coypy from, towards Xmarks ?

But are those changes made towards Xmarks also reflected further down towards the other browsers when syncing ?
In other words the bookmarks changes in one browser, would be made into the other browser accounts using Xmarks ?

Adding/Deleting items directly in the tree structure in website XMarks will they be refected towards all other browsers ?
Meaning browser bookmarks are mirrored from XMarks data ?

Thank you
Merel

Re: What happens exactly with SYNC Xmarks ?

Postby Merel » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:55 am

UP :mrgreen:
Merel

Return to Xmarks