LastPass ADFS issues

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

LastPass ADFS issues

Postby newuser19 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:27 am

We are having some issues, maybe with the custom attribute's permissions. Both LastPass and Microsoft instructions are somewhat unclear to say the least for configuring the environment correctly. Would appreciate some help.

We have:
1. Created a new custom attribute in the AD with correct syntax
2. Marked the custom attribute as confidential
3. Assigned the custom attribute to User class in our AD
4. Modified the CONTROL ACCESS permissions for both the ADFS service account and AD Connector service account

The users are synced to LastPass, but the custom attribute field does not get populated by AD Connector for some reason.
Also, the ADFS plugin installer does not bring any LastPass settings to the ADFS management console, even though they have been installed as per instructed.

Our user accounts are under different OU structures in the AD, can that cause issues? What about CONTROL ACCESS inheritance, are there any requirements for this? Any hints what to look for next? We are running out of ideas.

I have contacted their support, but maybe someone here knows something too.
newuser19

Re: LastPass ADFS issues

Postby jknockenhauer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:38 am

I've got the same exact issue. Just opened a ticket with support yesterday.

As confusing as all this has been I have to tell you, I've learned a lot about the Active Directory Schema in the last few days.
jknockenhauer

Re: LastPass ADFS issues

Postby newenterpriseuser » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:00 am

We ended up ditching the problematic ADFS integration and moved to Azure AD integration. Much easier to set up, not without issues though that either, but it's working now.
newenterpriseuser

Return to LastPass Enterprise