Can users use their private Account and Teams together?

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Can users use their private Account and Teams together?

Postby ephoras244 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:36 am

Well as a small startup we told all our staff to use LastPass since i personally use it for over 10 years and love it.
Now we have grown a bit and we are currently discussing if we should invest in a Teams subscription.
We would love to have the extended features of the teams version.
But over the last years a lot of the staff adapted LastPass for their personal use, too.
We have a lot of BYOD and work from home/ on side projects policies in place. So the question is, if you can use Teams and personal LastPass side by side?
Else we would be locking out our staff from all their personal passwords while they are logged into their teams account....
ephoras244

Re: Can users use their private Account and Teams together?

Postby kenz » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:19 pm

Similarly, I would like to be able to switch between my personal account and the company account that I admin. I use the chrome extension, but I have not found a way to keep my personal logins out of my company account because I can't be logged into both at the same time. Anyone else have this issue and found a solution?
kenz

Postby louis684 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:11 pm

This is, as they say, the $64000 question. I, too, have a lastpass personal account, want to use teams, but need to know my personal passwords won't be shared with the team.
louis684

Postby schwooba » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:55 am

Ditto, I would like to know the answer to this question too.
schwooba

Postby maverick747 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:13 am

LastPass Teams and Enterprise has the option to link your personal account with the Teams/Enterprise. Contents of the personal account remains private only to you. https://enterprise.lastpass.com/getting ... l-account/
maverick747

Postby ericb » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:58 pm

Unfortunately LastPass account linking feature is broken. If you share folders in your personal account (for example, to your family) they completely disappear from your linked team or enterprise account. So for example, the financial account logins that I share with my wife are completely inaccessible to me on my iPhone or on my laptop while logged into my enterprise account. The only way that I can access my bank from my iPhone now is to logout of LassPass, sign-in to my personal LatPass account and then re-auth using the MFA token generator. Then do it all again to go back to the LastPass company account.

We're probably going to drop LastPass for our company because our staff are so annoyed that we've messed up their personal LastPass account access.
ericb

Return to LastPass Enterprise