self hosted wordpress password update

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

self hosted wordpress password update

Postby ioan518 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:35 am

Hi

We have hundreds of self hosted wordpress sites. We manually add them to last pass as the site goes live, however i now want to re-generate the password for every site we have using the automatic password changer you have however it looks like it is not supported.

There are two issues:

1. We keep our WP sites in a shared folder with the users in the enterprise so everyone can access the sites. Your password changer looks like it only manages things in your own personal space
2. Wordpress doesnt seem to be currently supported for automatic password changes.

What I need is a method where i can tell lastpass to change all of my passwords to a new one automatically and do it for me. The task of doing this manually is huge.

Looking at other things like managewp doesnt provide good security for bulk password changes. For example I can say change all of the sites password for a certain user, however the password will be the same on each site (not secure). Then this causes an additional problem in that its not linked to lastpass so we have to login to managewp first then go to the site via that. Which takes more steps and wastes time.

Has someone else had this sort of issue and found a solution?

Cheers

Ioan
ioan518

Re: self hosted wordpress password update

Postby JohnG32 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:22 am

Hi Ioan,

We have the same issue.
For our Twitter account this auto-change feature works great!
Why does this not work for WordPress.
This is a huge lack of LastPass...

@LastPass, please explain us how to auto-change WordPress dashboard accounts from outside LastPass!

Regards,
JohnG
JohnG32

Return to LastPass Enterprise