Share a custom template with other Enterprise users

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Sharing secure note templates

Postby jonasn74 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:41 am

Hi,

We are evaluating the capabilities of lastpass enterprise and came across what we consider to be a bit strange.

When a user creates a template for a secure note, other users are not able to create notes with this same template. Other users can create their own template with the same name and share them, resulting in several notes with the same template (name) but potentially different properties. Is this intended?

Considering the lack of capabilities when editing or handling templates it seems like the customer template feature is not finished/working properly. Is this something that will be improved, and if so, do you have an estimated timeline?

Are secure note templates not supported when using lastpass enterprise currently?

It would be great to know of the intended path before we spend resources setting up secure notes.

Regards,
Jonas
jonasn74

Re: Sharing secure note templates

Postby dmitrijLP » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:41 pm

Currently custom templates are still in works and they will only be present locally, it would also be possible to delete the existing templates from your Secure Notes section and then create a new one if the template was created incorrectly or needs to be updated.

The ability to create shareable templates between Enterprise users is on developer roadmap, unfortunately no ETA is available for us to provide.
dmitrijLP

Share a custom template with other Enterprise users

Postby nixgeekgirl » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:50 am

Hello

I want to create a shared secure note custom template to share with my team (enterprise users). Is there a way to do this yet?

Thanks
Jennifer
nixgeekgirl

Postby denis453 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:02 pm

Any updates??
denis453

Re: Share a custom template with other Enterprise users

Postby HoderJensen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:43 am

There is not and is quite baffling, they have created the option to use custom templates, but not share them. In an enterprise setup you want to use the same templates in your organization.
HoderJensen

Postby HoderJensen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:52 am

I would like to see this implemented also ASAP.

Without the ability to share custom templates, the feature is pretty much useless in an enterprise setup.
HoderJensen

Postby HoderJensen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:56 am

There is not :(

It doesn't make any sense they have made such a feature without the option to share templates, specially in an enterprise setup, where it's necessary to make sure entries are filled out the same way.
HoderJensen

Postby kalle1 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:05 am

Upvote this feature, other enterprise users cant even see the information in the secure note becouse they dont have the template.
kalle1

Postby thedarkrelic » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:41 pm

I have to agree, this feature should be tablestakes for Enterprise Users.
I have created multiple templates with the exact format we require but I have no way of enforcing that for other users.
Can we please get an update about this?
thedarkrelic

Postby Lunik2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:41 am

This Issue was opened a Year ago.. how can it be possible that it was not addressed yet?

To make custom Templates and not be able to share them is quite a dealbreaker for anyone who need anything more then storraging his facebook account..
As a bigger Company this is very dissapointing!

Why do you just care about how it looks, but don't bother with function anymore?
Cant edit and share.. thats basic!!
Lunik2

Next

Return to LastPass Enterprise