Linked Personal and Security Challenge

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Linked Personal and Security Challenge

Postby skotchv » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:59 pm

I am not able to log into just my linked personal account, I can only log in to my corp account. I would like to run Security Challenge against my personal account but I can figure out no way to do this.

I created the linked personal account at the same time I created the corp account, which may have been my mistake.
skotchv

Re: Linked Personal and Security Challenge

Postby dmitrijLP » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:54 pm

skotchv Wrote:I am not able to log into just my linked personal account, I can only log in to my corp account. I would like to run Security Challenge against my personal account but I can figure out no way to do this.

I created the linked personal account at the same time I created the corp account, which may have been my mistake.

Personal accounts count as a shared folder and shared folders can not be checked by Security Challenge - https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=5666 . If you forgot your personal account's master password, you would have to try resetting it - https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=375 and then run the Security Challenge locally.
dmitrijLP

Postby skotchv » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:48 pm

I am not able to log into my personal account at all. When I try, it says my personal account password is same as master account, but it never works. It would be really nice if I could log into my personal account.

As for the original problem, I worked around it by moving all of my passwords into my work account, ran Security Challenge, and them moved them back into my personal account.
skotchv

Postby gordo257 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:56 am

Given that the LastPass widget gives a security challenge warning for credentials stored in a linked account, it's disappointing that the challenge does not run against them. It's annoying because the warning for security credentials shows up in my corporate account, and there's no way to remove it.

Either remove the warning from linked account credentials, or make the challenge able to run against them.
gordo257

Return to LastPass Enterprise