Are shared folders and entries attached to specific user?

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Are shared folders and entries attached to specific user?

Postby jimk771 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:52 pm

I'm looking for a database me and 2 other coworkers can use to store our departments login, password, and sensitive notes.

What I assumed last pass would be is a central database that wasn't tied to any one users login - and admins could administer who has access. From what I've seen so far, it seems like the only possibility is to have a shared folder that is tied to a specific users account, that other users can access and edit.

My concern with tying this to ANY user account is, that person could leave / get fired etc...

Please let me know if this is possible in lastpass enterprise.
jimk771

Re: Are shared folders and entries attached to specific user

Postby dmitrijLP » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:06 am

jimk771 Wrote:I'm looking for a database me and 2 other coworkers can use to store our departments login, password, and sensitive notes.

What I assumed last pass would be is a central database that wasn't tied to any one users login - and admins could administer who has access. From what I've seen so far, it seems like the only possibility is to have a shared folder that is tied to a specific users account, that other users can access and edit.

My concern with tying this to ANY user account is, that person could leave / get fired etc...

Please let me know if this is possible in lastpass enterprise.

In order to be visible shared folders must have an administrator/user that manages them. This case can be simply addressed by enabling the Super Admin - Shared Folders policy:

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=8096

This way Enterprise administrators will always have access to all shared folders, even if the original owner would get disabled or removed from the Enterprise, it would still be possible to gain access to the previously created shared folders.
dmitrijLP

Return to LastPass Enterprise