Hide fields for applications

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Hide fields for applications

Postby ARPI » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:49 am

Is there a way of hiding certain fields for an application. I'm using Lastpass to store login details when using Putty, so I can just go to client app select the instance I want and just login. I also want to be able to share these details with a colleague but not have them see the password, is there a way I can shared it with them but not have see the password used to login?
ARPI

Re: Hide fields for applications

Postby SGO » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:07 am

You could use shared folders, and set the permissions to hide the passwords. However since the password would need to be copied and pasted into the PuTTY window, I think you collegue could as well paste it in Notepad.
A better method would be to configure the host system to use one time passwords, and/or have every user use his own credentials.
SGO

Postby ARPI » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:43 am

SGO Wrote:You could use shared folders, and set the permissions to hide the password.
I've set it up as you described for the web based services and portals that need to be shared, but since I would like it to integrate with Putty using the method suggested wouldn't work.
ARPI

Postby SGO » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:50 am

The only suggestion I have is you use the full installer and configure PuTTY as application from the LastPass system tray.
https://lastpass.com/lastpassfull.exe or https://lastpass.com/lastpass_x64full.exe
SGO

Postby ARPI » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:05 am

That's how I got the details into Lastpass originally, and using the full application doesn't let you add a password field.
ARPI

Return to LastPass Enterprise