How to remove the "try lastpass enterprise" message?

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

How to remove the "try lastpass enterprise" message?

Postby Thorz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:34 am

Hello

I am a LP premium customer.
I had to reinstall LP on my office computer and after that I am getting this annoying "try lastpass enterprise" message on all my browser extensions.
I have never seen this before today.
Any ideas on how to remove this?

Thanks.
Thorz

Re: How to remove the "try lastpass enterprise" message?

Postby NathanJones » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:23 pm

I'm also looking for a way to remove this message. It wouldn't be so bad if it looked like a regular menu item, but it's styled to stand out (white text on grey background).

Promoting Premium to Free users would be fine, but using a distracting menu item to promote Enterprise to Premium users? That's just annoying. I'm already aware of Enterprise (via newsletters and blog posts), but don't have a need for it. I just want to continue paying $12/year for the wonderful cross-platform, promotion-free LastPass user experience I've grown to love. :-)
NathanJones

Postby OPTiK » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:11 am

I too would like to know how to remove this as I am a premium user.. doesn't look good when premium users are getting hit with persistent ads. :oops:
OPTiK

Postby bazporter » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:06 pm

Having paid my subscription, I don't expect to then be bombarded every time I use LastPass to "Try Enterprise". I am not an enterprise and I have no purchasing power in the company at which I work. The very least you should do is to provide an option in settings to disable advertising in your apps. Your update emails advise of new benefits, we don't need our noses rubbed in them every time we use the software.

Is this a slippery slope to selling advertising space to other companies too? Those who have paid for the service should not be seeing this.

I am one unhappy customer right now.
bazporter

Postby vpresnyak394 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:16 pm

I would also like to add my voice to this discussion. As a paying subscriber of this service, it's rather appalling to see advertising pitched in such an indiscriminate manner. It's not relevant to the 99.9% of the user base who do not make purchasing decisions for an enterprise. Why would you market it in this way?
vpresnyak394

Postby nickleics » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:24 am

Also looking to remove this message. Very prominent and irrelevant for me as a Premium user, with non-enterprise requirements.
nickleics

Postby AyaLP » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:50 am

Thanks very much for the feedback everyone. We've let our product team know of the complaints and for a re-evaluation for the next release.
AyaLP

Postby alm » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:03 pm

Add me to the unhappy customer list who thinks this is just unacceptable. Please, publish a fix ASAP.
alm

Postby luke427 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:40 am

Another vote here. As a paying, Premium member I don't expect my UI to be tainted with persistent ads. That's what free/trial models are for. Very disappointing, LastPass.
luke427

Postby digideth » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:13 am

This is pretty dam ugly and rude... it is 2015 take the time to properly target people... shotgun approach is lazy.

You put a Close X for this dumb annoying ad in Chrome why hasn't the Close X been added to Firefox????
digideth

Next

Return to LastPass Enterprise