Family Shared Folder not visible in Enterprise

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Family Shared Folder not visible in Enterprise

Postby schuerger » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:20 pm

I have a personal premium account linked with an Enterprise account provided by my employer.
I can see all of my personal folders when logged into my enterprise account.
I created a shared folder in my personal account and have shared it with my family and my enterprise account.
As my enterprise identity, I have accepted the share of the family folder.
My spouse also has a personal account linked with her empoyer's enterprise account.
She has accepted my share of the family folder and can see that family folder when logged into her personal and enterprise accounts.
I can only see the shared folder when logged into my personal account.
Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
schuerger

Re: Family Shared Folder not visible in Enterprise

Postby schuerger » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:04 am

Has anyone else observed this issue?
Personal shared folder functionality is essentially useless to me at this time, as switching between accounts should not be necessary.
schuerger

Postby phillips15 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:41 pm

I have observed this also - has anyone found a solution?
phillips15

Postby AyaLP » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Currently its expected to not see family shared folders while logged into your Enterprise account.

But if you have shared the family shared folder with your Enterprise, and accepted the shared folder, you should see the folder when logged into your Enterprise account.

We can take a deeper look into your account. Please open a support ticket and reference this forum post.
AyaLP

Postby andreas278 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:05 am

Currently its expected to not see family shared folders while logged into your Enterprise account.

That might be your expectation, mine is that I DO see the shared family folder as well when logged into my Enterprise account. ;)

Are there plans to correct this anytime soon?
andreas278

Postby ssmith115 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:44 pm

I have the same issue. This problem is currently my major reason for the fact that I am likely going to switch both my personal and company accounts to a competitor which handles these situations more appropriately. I am not the only person within our company who has this issue. While this can be solved on the desktop using profiles in Chrome, the fact that I cannot sign into multiple accounts on iOS or Android limits the efficacy of LastPass as a solution for myself and my customers.

Please note that I've been a paying LastPass Premium customer since 2011, a free tier customer for 2 years prior to that, have earned quite a bit of referral bonuses, and made the decision for our company to become a LastPass Enterprise customer for the past 2 years. I was a loyal customer, but support requests pointing out this issue are met with responses that indicated that there was something wrong on my device's end. Clearly, according to @AyaLP, this is not the case.

Please fix this issue.
ssmith115

Return to LastPass Enterprise