Advice for multiple enterprise entities

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Advice for multiple enterprise entities

Postby steve543 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:38 pm

Hi! I really enjoy using LastPass and would like to expand its usage in my projects, but I'm not sure how to move forward with this particular situation:

1. I have an Enterprise account for Company 1 - I am an admin for this Enterprise account. We have a few shared folders here.
2. I would like a second, isolated Enterprise account for Entity 2 - This is a group of friends I would like to share passwords with through a shared folder. This is completely unrelated to Company 1.

The main thing I want is the ability to manage and access shared folders as easily as possible. What would be the best solution for this?

I thought that maybe I could upgrade my account to premium to use the Family Share folder for Entity 2, but according to lastpass, my Enterprise account is already "premium".

Is the solution to have two separate lastpass accounts and log in/out between them as needed?

Thank you!
steve543

Re: Advice for multiple enterprise entities

Postby AyaLP » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:45 am

Yes, you will need to have two separate accounts.

If you only have a few friends you wish to share with, Premium Family Shared Folders would be suffice as you can share that 1 folder with up to 5 friends. If you require more shared folders or sharing, then you would need to upgrade to LastPass Enterprise.
AyaLP

Re: Advice for multiple enterprise entities

Postby SGO » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:56 am

Just a tip: you can share your shared folders with your other Enterprise account, so you don't have to logout/login to access them.
SGO

Return to LastPass Enterprise