Tips for usage for small business and private data

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Tips for usage for small business and private data

Postby brent24 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:15 am

Hi,

I would like to be informed about the best lastpass-setup for my situation.

I'm the owner of a company in the Netherlands, together with 3 others. We all need access to one password-vault, with seperated folders/categories for each of our projects. There aren't any differences in privileges or stuff, we're all equal.
Besides the business vault, everybody also wants there own private passwords to be kept by lastpass.

I've setup an enterprise trial account, made a company-group, added 4 of us a group members and made different shared-folders for organizing. Is this the right approach? Or are there other possibilities for sorting?

And if I safe passwords in another folder then the shared-one's, thats would be private right? So whats the point of adding a seperate private account?
brent24

Re: Tips for usage for small business and private data

Postby AyaLP » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:49 pm

Sounds like you have it all set up. Shared folders to be used for shared data with your 4 users, and then each user can use their own Vault to store their personal logins. Just make sure that you are adding your group or each individual to your shared folders - as I did not see you acknowledge this specific step.

>>"And if I safe passwords in another folder then the shared-one's, thats would be private right? So whats the point of adding a seperate private account?"
Yes, anything not stored in a shared folder is specific to your account only. The point of this is so that you can store your own logins for your own sites that you
do not wish to share with anyone.
AyaLP

Return to LastPass Enterprise