Enterprise - Users and Pricing

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Enterprise - Users and Pricing

Postby fizikaneri » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:13 pm

Personal PRO is 12$, enterprise is 24$, from my perspective as Startup its strange because i dont fall into 1-100, i fall into 1-3 max (1-5 in future), cant say its expensive but cant say its cheap when i look at my personal PRO is 12$ and i have Shared Folder with 5users... For me this price is kinda strange..
Maybe Enterprise have more features that im not aware ..
fizikaneri

Re: Enterprise - Users and Pricing

Postby AyaLP » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:59 pm

LastPass Enterprise is extremely more robust versus Premium.

You can see the comparison chart here - https://lastpass.com/features_free.php ( at the bottom of the page)

as well as the full features of LastPass Enterprise here - https://lastpass.com/enterprise/enterprise-features

Let me know if you have any other specific questions between the two.
AyaLP

Postby fizikaneri » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:28 pm

I see, still think that some of that fields are just there to be more *** nothing else, but to be shure will test that Enterprise Freemium..

Question about Users in ENT:
if i buy 3 Accounts, setup emails for them, master passwords and give 2 of them to my employees:
1. They are able to store new websites, passwords, notes, and everything.
2. Admin can see, control, disable, enable everything from step 1?
fizikaneri

Postby AyaLP » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:26 am

fizikaneri Wrote:I see, still think that some of that fields are just there to be more *** nothing else, but to be shure will test that Enterprise Freemium..

Question about Users in ENT:
if i buy 3 Accounts, setup emails for them, master passwords and give 2 of them to my employees:
1. They are able to store new websites, passwords, notes, and everything.
2. Admin can see, control, disable, enable everything from step 1?

1. Yes - it is a normal LastPass account that can access all those features. But it is administered by the Enterprise and therefore the account can be deleted, removed, policy restricted, etc.
2. Admins will not have access to theirs users Vaults or their data without the master password (just like any LastPass account). However, there are policies within the Enterprise that can be set up to be able to review reporting (what sites are being accessed). For more details, please see the policies on the Admin Console Homepage > Setup > Policies > Add policy.
AyaLP

Postby fizikaneri » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:24 pm

2. Admins will not have access to theirs users Vaults - so why would i buy Enterprise then.. - team should use LP to store new passwords, that passwords should be synced to Master account ?
2.1 If i remove user i dont want to loose passwords in that valut i want them to use LP as i use it, autogenerate password, continue and next time autologin...

As i get from your answer, it look like i Can access passwords just if i have MasterPassword (there is no Enterprise Sync,Control at all)...
so back to First post: Enterprise is almost the same as Premium:
1. No synchronisation for passwords,websited to Master Account.
2. If you delete user - you delete passwords that are stored there.
3. Use policies from where someone can access - so they cant change PW from home.. ?

arent this things the same as Premium version in ENT version you just added Admin to see what websites are users using,signin..
fizikaneri

Postby AyaLP » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:14 pm

fizikaneri Wrote:2. Admins will not have access to theirs users Vaults - so why would i buy Enterprise then.. - team should use LP to store new passwords, that passwords should be synced to Master account ?
2.1 If i remove user i dont want to loose passwords in that valut i want them to use LP as i use it, autogenerate password, continue and next time autologin...

As i get from your answer, it look like i Can access passwords just if i have MasterPassword (there is no Enterprise Sync,Control at all)...
so back to First post: Enterprise is almost the same as Premium:
1. No synchronisation for passwords,websited to Master Account.
2. If you delete user - you delete passwords that are stored there.
3. Use policies from where someone can access - so they cant change PW from home.. ?

arent this things the same as Premium version in ENT version you just added Admin to see what websites are users using,signin..

- If your request is to have direct access to users data within their accounts, this is not possible and not the main reason for Enterprise.
- If you remove a user from the Enterprise, it disconnects the account from the Enterprise, its policies, and its shared folders. The passwords within the account are not lost for the user, but also not the passwords of the Enterprise. So you would not have had access to this anyways, unless the data was stored in a shared folder. Which can be removed from the users account upon disconnection.

The accounts basics regarding usage, are the same across Enterprise and Premium, yes. But all vast features of Enterprise are listed on the Enterprise features page that you can review more in details: shared folders, policies, provisioning accounts, automatic notifications, reporting, SAML, etc.

"1. No synchronisation for passwords,websited to Master Account." - I'm unsure of what you are asking here.
"2. If you delete user - you delete passwords that are stored there." - Yes
"3. Use policies from where someone can access - so they cant change PW from home.. ?" - Not sure what you are asking here as well. Please clarify.
AyaLP

Postby fizikaneri » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:14 pm

We wanted to buy ENT for our team, so anyone can save passwords, but that passwords should be synced to One Account.. is it TEAM or not.
If one of us (3) create new website, create password for that website etc..

I get that we can set some default Logins/PWs to shared holder so the user can have easy access..

1. Sync - the passwords to Admin (master) - User creates new websites for clients then use lastpass to remember that PW = it will only be permanent in his account..
1.1 So how that Team Member can create password for Company if all that things will stay only in His account.
1.2 Only option i have is to buy 3 Accounts, set master passwords - set access only from our IP and have full control over them like that - but again i dont have them all in One Place...
from what i get, i must Register all Passwords as ADMIN - and put it in shared folder for Users to use.

2. Company purchased 3 Accounts for 3 Members.. 1 Member quit his job, How can i protect that account:
2.1. Privilegies set to only access that account from our IP address.
2.2 How to disable changing password of that account (token, email restriction..) - company purchased it not user...
fizikaneri

Postby AyaLP » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:12 pm

Yes, you are correct. In order to share data among all users and keep that data updated for everyone when changes are made, you need to use a shared folder.

1.1 - They need to explicitly put shared data into the shared folder.
1.2 - Again, yes. All passwords that need to be shared with others would need to be placed into a shared folder. You do not need to have all users as Admins to share the data between the 3 accounts. Admins will have access to the Enterprise console and all Admin functions. Admin for the shared folder itself is a separate function. All users will need to be an Admin in order to administer (add, remove, edit) data within the shared folder.

2.1 - What do you mean by protecting that account if they quit? You can disable that account in the Enterprise, or you can delete it. Or, you can remove all shared data from the account and remove the account from the Enterprise so the user can use that same account outside of the Enterprise. Setting access to only the IP will restrict the user from access their account if it is still active if they attempt to login from a different IP. But if you remove the account from the Enterprise, that policy will no longer apply.
2.2 - If you disable the account entirely, no one can access that account (log into it) until it has been enabled. So the user will not be able to login to the account at all, and therefore cannot change any passwords or data. If you mean you wish to disable changing passwords in general, you cannot prevent users from changing data in their main vault, only shared folders (set to read-only). You cannot disable a user from changing their master password. You can review all available policies from the Admin Console > Set up > Policies.
AyaLP

Return to LastPass Enterprise