Employee Fired, Was Using Personal Account

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: Employee Fired, Was Using Personal Account

Postby SanderG » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:45 pm

chantieLP Wrote:If her personal account was used within the Enterprise account and it is still attached to the Enterprise account, you might be able to snag those items if you had previously enabled the policy 'Super Admin Master Password Reset', which allows you to reset the Master Password and login with the new Master Password.

No true Chantie. If a Super Admin Master Password Reset is performed, the personal account is disconnected from the Enterprise account. This is especially done to prevent enterprise admins from accessing the personal account.

And that is actually a good thing :)
SanderG

Re: Employee Fired, Was Using Personal Account

Postby chantieLP » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:06 am

SanderG Wrote:
chantieLP Wrote:If her personal account was used within the Enterprise account and it is still attached to the Enterprise account, you might be able to snag those items if you had previously enabled the policy 'Super Admin Master Password Reset', which allows you to reset the Master Password and login with the new Master Password.

No true Chantie. If a Super Admin Master Password Reset is performed, the personal account is disconnected from the Enterprise account. This is especially done to prevent enterprise admins from accessing the personal account.

And that is actually a good thing :)

Good clarification. I was definitely unclear here. What I meant was if the user was using the Enterprise account as a personal account as well. (I see a lot of confusion over this where some people perceive Shared Folders = Enterprise account(s) and any items outside of Shared Folders are 'personal'). Thanks for pointing that out!
chantieLP

Previous

Return to LastPass Enterprise