Password Expiration Policy

Customer forum for LastPass Enterprise

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Password Expiration Policy

Postby UshallNotPass » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:10 pm

This one uses the word expiration but the notes refer to just the age of a password so that's confusing. We want to use this to notify the users that their site passwords are too old and remind them to change it. And to notify us admins of these users also. We have it enabled and setup according to directions.
*.domainname.com:1, admin@email.com:1
and had 2 users in he inclusive list, both have the site in question in their vault.
but they never got any email notices and the admin never got any notices.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
UshallNotPass

Re: Password Expiration Policy

Postby UshallNotPass » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:16 pm

I also created a new site in my vault on Friday to test if it would see a new site and start tracking but LP sent no notifications to me or the designated admin. Would be nice if LP could help us do more than just save passwords.
UshallNotPass

Postby UshallNotPass » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:42 am

Posting this for any other tech's that have to figure this out on their own. ;) Here's what I found out so far.

It doesn't like the wildcard for some reason. * but without it, it sent me an email the next day. Wont know till tomorrow if it works on only a brand new site after turning the policy on or also old existing sites in your vault after turning policy on. Also it ran the policy in middle of the night and sent the email at that time also.

exp. inclusive user email list, policy value field, passwords 1 day old:

policytest.com:1, admin.name@email.net:1

:geek:
UshallNotPass

Postby UshallNotPass » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:22 pm

After 2 weeks working with LP techs they got it working the way its supposed to but sounds like each enterprise's policies are separate so you might have to contact them to fix it for you.
UshallNotPass

Return to LastPass Enterprise