iCloud Keychain

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: iCloud Keychain

Postby jamesfry » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:51 am

Cyberskier Wrote:I think many users will be disappointed by how locked down iCloud keychain is. If it is possible within Apple's sandbox, a big draw for people might be a premium LastPass feature that would periodically (or manually on demand) sync with the keychain. That would be the best of both worlds - keep using LastPass, while being able to shuttle those passwords into the keychain for easy use in Safari on iOS.

I completely agree with this post.
It would be great for lastpass on OSX to sync credentials to icloud keychain for a better experience on iOS safari.
Maybe user could use a tag to indicate which accounts should (or should not) be synced with icloud.
Its definitely possible for 3rd party apps to add entries to keychain on OSX as this blog post shows:
http://blog.boastr.net/import-lastpass- ... -keychain/
Lastpass: please add this as a premium (or free) feature!!
jamesfry

Postby apalmarlak » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:54 pm

I think many users will be disappointed by how locked down iCloud keychain is. If it is possible within Apple's sandbox, a big draw for people might be a premium LastPass feature that would periodically (or manually on demand) sync with the keychain. That would be the best of both worlds - keep using LastPass, while being able to shuttle those passwords into the keychain for easy use in Safari on iOS.

I'm a satisfied LastPass Premium customer, but would be greatly disappointed if such a feature doesn't come up in a near future. I'm OK with only sync feature, the fast is LastPass in iOS is utterly useless.
iCould Keychain seems to be an opportunity to fix that.

Sincerely hoping the dev team is considering a way to do this !
apalmarlak

Postby madmaxmedia » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:04 pm

apalmarlak Wrote:
I think many users will be disappointed by how locked down iCloud keychain is. If it is possible within Apple's sandbox, a big draw for people might be a premium LastPass feature that would periodically (or manually on demand) sync with the keychain. That would be the best of both worlds - keep using LastPass, while being able to shuttle those passwords into the keychain for easy use in Safari on iOS.

I'm a satisfied LastPass Premium customer, but would be greatly disappointed if such a feature doesn't come up in a near future. I'm OK with only sync feature, the fast is LastPass in iOS is utterly useless.
iCould Keychain seems to be an opportunity to fix that.

Sincerely hoping the dev team is considering a way to do this !

I logged into the forum here for the first time, just to third this suggestion! I love LastPass for cross-platform and cross-browser capability, but I am considering iCloud Keychain for iOS device compatibility (I have an iPhone and an iPad, in addition to a MacBook Pro.) I know that enabling LastPass support for iOS Safari is probably a pipe dream. Being able to shuttle passwords between the 2 (even via manual sync/transfer) would be more than satisfactory for me.
madmaxmedia

Postby JeremySpiegel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:30 pm

+1 for a lastpass and icloud keychain sync feature
JeremySpiegel

Postby Paisanoglen » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:31 pm

I, too, logged into the forum to find out how to (if even it was possible to) get Safari on my iPad to show lastpass ***and*** (or??) have lastpass save sites login info when I create a new account on a site from my ipad.

ALAS, I think I just understood that ANY new login created on the iPad will NOT get entered into, saved in my lastpass account.

Fricken BUMMER!

So, what's with lastpass touting iOS compatibility when in fact it's not cross-platform compatible (lastpass grabbing the new login site info FROM the IPAD SAFARI and putting it into my database that's shared with my other browsers?)

Anyone find a workaround for this gaping hole of compatibility???? ... iPad is so broadly used, it's unfathomable that lastpass has not linked it into safari/iPad.

Anyone from lastpass have (constructive) responses to this????

Replies from other forum users, helpful-based, most welcomed.

Thanks.

Paisano
Paisanoglen

Postby jonat » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Safari doesn't allow any third-party plugins on iOS. The best you can do there is bookmarklets, which allow you to fill in login forms from your vault, if a bit clumsily. There ARE browsers with better LP integration on iOS - I use iCab - but these still have some limitations. What you possibly want is the LastPass app for iOS, which requires Premium service.
jonat

Postby jamesfry » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:23 am

What we want is for lastpass native binary plugin (for safari and/or chrome) on mac export to or sync with icloud keychain.
This will allow iOS safari to use lastpass captured login details captured using lastpass. i.e. essentially join the two p/w management systems.
You are of course correct that this is a workaround to there being no plugin support for iOS browsers.
The new LP iOS app with browser is much better than before, but Apple deliberately makes Safari faster, and it's also the default browser with no way to change it (except via jailbreak).
jamesfry

Postby jackal » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Count me as someone who would be willing to pay a (small) additional subscription fee for cloud-based syncing of LastPass and iCloud Keychain if you can find a way to synchronize it on your end (in a VM running Mavericks or something). I would trust you with my iCloud login details--heck, I already do, as it's stored in my LastPass vault!
jackal

Postby Bertrand » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:09 pm

+1 for a lastpass and icloud keychain sync feature
Bertrand

Previous

Return to Off Topic