Will Lastpass work with Windows 8 IE in Metro

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Will Lastpass work with Windows 8 IE in Metro

Postby Roykirk » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm looking forward to a solution for Windows 8. I can't do a whole lot online without Lastpass. Kind of sad that my Win8 machine is more crippled than my phone or tablet. Heh.
Roykirk

Postby JoeSiegrist » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:03 pm

We have a metro app coming up which you can think of as a glorified phone app, and we have a connection to metro IE currently working but not clear if MSFT is going to allow that. The walled gardens being created everywhere is sad.
JoeSiegrist

Postby brantgurga » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:08 am

Good to hear you have something working. I hope it'd be reliable using documented APIs but I would guess that isn't the case. However, it sounds like there's going to mechanisms to run Flash though I believe that will only be enabled through compatibility lists.
brantgurga

Postby jaslo1 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:57 pm

I now have so many "random" lastpass passwords that I can't get anywhere on the internet without lastpass. Please make this happen for Win8 metro!
jaslo1

Postby YasarTunaZorlu » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:31 pm

jaslo1 Wrote:I now have so many "random" lastpass passwords that I can't get anywhere on the internet without lastpass. Please make this happen for Win8 metro!

Like me . As a LastPass Believer! :) i do regenerate new hard to crack passwords thanks again to LastPass, i dont know what should i do while using Modern UI IE10. Desktop version is fine but you know there' ll be tablets.

I really want a solution on that. I started using Windows 8 Pro RTM x64 right now and in Modern UI omg it's killing me. I do remember only one password :)
YasarTunaZorlu

Postby limitedmage » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:55 pm

Another option is to use Chrome, the beta channel has a (very unpolished) Metro version now, and the extension works as expected here. This won't work in Windows RT, though.

Also, IEAnywhere in Metro IE works perfectly after turning Protected Mode off in Internet Options > Security as someone else metioned.
limitedmage

Previous

Return to Off Topic