Will Lastpass work with Windows 8 IE in Metro

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Will Lastpass work with Windows 8 IE in Metro

Postby dcavina » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Microsoft has been demonstrating their new Metro interface in Windows 8. One of the changes is that their Internet Explorer browser does not seem to support plugins (for example, it will not support Flash) when running in Metro (it still will in the full version).

I love using LastPass as it makes single-sign-on so much easier. However, I am concerned that it won't work with what MS plans to use for their tablet devices forcing touch users to remember

Are you looking into this?

Also, any update on Windows Phone 7 (or 7.5) support? It's a bit of a pain having to start a separate browser tab, sign into LastPass and copy and past the username and password.
dcavina

Re: Will Lastpass work with Windows 8 IE in Metro

Postby $bill » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:05 am

Also, any update on Windows Phone 7 (or 7.5) support? It's a bit of a pain having to start a separate browser tab, sign into LastPass and copy and past the username and password.

Why aren't you using the launch feature of the app?
$bill

Postby baser5nature » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:45 am

I used the Lastpass universal installer in latest Windows Developer Preview (They don't include the 8???) Functionality of the plugin seems unchanged when in desktop view, but I think plugins are disabled in the Metro styled internet explorer. I've noticed that the tabs launched from the desktop view, are not available in the Metro style view, and vice versa as well.
baser5nature

Postby Israel » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:59 am

Plugins are disabled in Metro, so there's nothing we can do there...
Israel
Site Admin

Postby dcavina » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:23 am

@$bill, In response as to why I am not using the launch feature of the app, it's because often I get to a specific web site page by clicking on a link in an email (ones I trust, of course) or navigating from other sites. This will often redirect me to the login page and then take me back to the desired content.

Of course, I suppose when that happens I could go back to the link, launch the Lasspass app and sign in to the desired site, then switch back by to my link and click on it again and it should be already signed in. Is this what you mean? Is this the best way?

I suppose it could work a similar way in Windows 8? But not as convenient as a built-in browser feature.
dcavina

Postby evilthought » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:11 am

It worked for me with IE anywhere

detail here

http://www.tenniswood.co.uk/technology/ ... -explorer/
evilthought

Postby aarnott » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:14 am

Will LastPass deliver bookmarklets for Metro style IE on Windows 8, the way it provided them for the plugin-free Opera? That worked surprisingly well in Opera, and I hope we can have something in the metro style IE.
aarnott

Postby Israel » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:20 am

We're working on a solution for Windows 8 that I can't reveal yet - it won't be bookmarklets as those do not work in Metro IE (all bookmarklets across the board, not just LastPass in my testing.)
Israel
Site Admin

Postby aarnott » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:26 am

That's good to hear. Thanks for keeping the hope alive. :)
aarnott

Postby jagowar » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:27 pm

A good solution for windows 8 will get me to pay for lastpass premium..... really hoping a good solution for lastpass will come for metro IE.
jagowar

Next

Return to Off Topic