Forum Problem: User Control Panel | Profile is not working

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Forum Problem: User Control Panel | Profile is not working

Postby viking2 » Sat May 27, 2017 5:17 pm

When I try to look up my forum profile (User Control Panel | Overview | Profile), I get blank page in Firefox and an error in Chrome:

This page isn’t working

forums.lastpass.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
viking2

Re: Forum Problem: User Control Panel | Profile is not worki

Postby akrawitz573 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:00 am

Almost 4 months later and the forum profile (User Control Panel | Overview | Profile) is still an HTTP ERROR 500. Anyone here? I'm thinking about adopting LastPass, but I'm getting worried...
akrawitz573

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:27 am

akrawitz573 Wrote:Almost 4 months later and the forum profile (User Control Panel | Overview | Profile) is still an HTTP ERROR 500. Anyone here? I'm thinking about adopting LastPass, but I'm getting worried...

The Phpbb user to user support forum is completely separate from LastPass the service.
jpenny84

Postby akrawitz573 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:35 am

jpenny84 Wrote:The Phpbb user to user support forum is completely separate from LastPass the service.

I'm not sure what you mean. The address of this forum is "forums.lastpass.com" and this forum is linked directly from the LastPass home page under the category of "Support". It sure looks to me like this is a part of LastPass and not a separate third-party user forum.
akrawitz573

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:23 am

akrawitz573 Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean. The address of this forum is "forums.lastpass.com" and this forum is linked directly from the LastPass home page under the category of "Support". It sure looks to me like this is a part of LastPass and not a separate third-party user forum.

The support forum is separate from the password manager. In fact, it is even excluded from LastPass' bug bounty program: https://bugcrowd.com/lastpass

I wouldn't hold any forum problems due to a Phpbb or firewall configuration against the password manager.
jpenny84

User Control Panel : User Profile crashes with 500 error

Postby MENtuartiF » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:52 am

For some reason my profile using my Lastpass.com login gives me a username of MENtuartiF or something silly like that. When I click the User Control Panel and try to access the "User Profile" page the server returns an HTTP 500 error (server error). Using Chromebook with latest stable build.

Would someone on the admin team please investigate this? I dislike having a non-descript username associated with my account.
MENtuartiF

Postby MENtuartiF » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:57 am

The problem is that if the company doesn't care to maintain the user-to-user support forum to a basic operating level, how can a consumer trust the product? This year the Chrome extension was crashing when accessing the Vault, and this bug remained for several weeks or longer. I gave up waiting and loaded the prebuild version. (Fixed in a 9/14 update, finally.)

A user is entitled to judge the stability of a company and its product based on the reliability of associated services.

BTW, a 500 error is a failure on the forum server, NOT an issue with somone's firewall. The User Profile page is broken. The admin should get the software patched, or the page fixed.
MENtuartiF

Postby akrawitz573 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:56 pm

Well said MENtuartiF (if that is your real name!).
akrawitz573

Postby MENtuartiF » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:52 pm

It's not my real name. I don't know why the forum assigned that as a username, and the faulty user profile page prevents me from changing the profile. :(

David Spalding
Durham, NC
MENtuartiF

Postby erikfelt » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Yup, broken for me too. FIX IT!!!!!
erikfelt

Next

Return to Off Topic