Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Postby Vivsy100 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:58 am

Which is the quickest and safest way to log in as sometimes I am logged in and sometimes not, is it better to have a timed logout or keep vault open all the time if using your own password protected computer? Is it advisable to log in from red/black square in browser or use an icon on your desktop as I seem to confuse Last Pass as to whether Im in or out
Vivsy100

Re: Log in issues

Postby jonat » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:00 pm

The desktop icon simply tries to open your LastPass vault. I don't tend to use the vault interface, so I don't use that. I log in using the toolbar icon in the browser, and have it set to log me out after 120 idle minutes. (I also have it set to log out 0 minutes after all browsers close.)

The toolbar icon changes color if you are logged in - from gray to red is the default, but other color schemes are available.
jonat

Postby rdenney63 » Tue May 16, 2017 7:41 pm

I have had an on-going issue with Firefox; I typically prefer a desktop icon to open my vault; have settings to keep me logged in for two weeks (max allowed). But for whatever reason since something got "upgraded" I am periodcially asked to login. Ive uninstalled / reinstalled Firefox add-on ad nauseum. Cleared cookies. Checked that cookies are being created (they are). I then discovered to day that if I use the little box in the upper right hand Firefox toolbar it will ask "Do you want to remember your password?". I said YES, and that now seems to work .. creating a desktop icon for login to the vault still requires a login each and every time the browser is closed.
rdenney63

Postby verganna » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:54 am

Don't forget that there are not totally secure way on internet.
verganna

Postby kbog » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:35 pm

What is the option to be able to have 2 sessions of the same account open at a time on 2 seperate devices? For example, I want to use my phone and my desktop at the same time but when I log into one, I get logged off the other immediately.
kbog

Return to Off Topic