Android Phone and Tablet

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Android Phone and Tablet

Postby barbaragrand178 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am

Hi,
I could not find an Android channel to go to. So, my problem is that Lastpass does not
work on my Kindle Fire, 8.9 nor my Samsung S4. It is such a battle to get signed on.
My premium LastPass only works on my PC - HP - . I have tried to go thru the manual
to figure it out but did not find anything that worked. I can't be the only Android owner
that has this problem. Please, I appreciate any good ideas for this issue.
Thank You
barbaragrand178

Re: Android Phone and Tablet

Postby jonat » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:12 pm

I have used LastPass on a Kindle Fire (1st gen) and two Android phones and haven't had issues. What goes wrong when you try it?

This could have been posted in "General Support & Troubleshooting" - perhaps a moderator will move it there.
jonat

Postby barbaragrand178 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi thank you for your response. Lastpass works fine on my HP PC computer. All the features of remembering and filling my email and passwords does not work on my 1st gen Kindle Fire 8.9 and my android S4 phone. I have lastpass on both of them and I can go in and manually find the info. and enter it myself, but then what is the point of having autofil? As I said I went through the manual to see how to set it up which I did. But it still will not work like it should and I am ready to dump Lastpass as I can not keep doing it myself. I also uninstalled several times to see if that would kick it in but that did not work either.
barbaragrand178

Postby jonat » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:03 pm

Do you have the LastPass keyboard enabled? That's usually how you do things on Android.
jonat

Postby barbaragrand178 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:09 pm

Hi jonat, I have never heard of such a thing. I looked it and there are tons of stuff to chose from, nothing
specific to LastPass. I will just have to keep trying. Thank you for your time and consideration. Have a
great day. Blessings.
barbaragrand178

Postby jonat » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:14 pm

See https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/lastpass- ... +in+Chrome

But I now see text saying that this is not available on the Fire.
jonat

Postby madgebmcguirebklf423 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:28 am

barbaragrand178 Wrote:Hi,
I could not find an Android channel to go to. So, my problem is that Lastpass does not
work on my Kindle Fire, 8.9 nor my Samsung S4. It is such a battle to get signed on.
My premium LastPass only works on my PC - HP - . I have tried to go thru the manual
to figure it out but did not find anything that worked. I can't be the only Android owner
Thank You

What the version of your Android? It works fine my HTC One M8
madgebmcguirebklf423

Postby barbaragrand178 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:35 am

LastPass is supposed to fill in the information I have listed, password and account name. On my Kindle Fire 8.9, 1st gen. and on my S4 android LassPass does not fill in. Very frustrating.
barbaragrand178

Postby Werfkjl » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:14 am

madgebmcguirebklf423 Wrote:
barbaragrand178 Wrote:Hi,
Thank You

What the version of your Android? It works fine my HTC One M8

Also work on Samsung S7?
Werfkjl

Postby mike808137 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:50 pm

Do you have a premium account? LastPass is free only for a single platform. If you want the same passwords on your HP PC to sync with the ones available from your KF and S4, you need to be on a premium account (it's only $12 a year or $1/month).

BTW, if you do have a premium account, what you want to do is setup separate identities for each of your devices (the S4 and the KF) and only put the entries you use on each, as they are far more likely to "wander". In addition, you can store your master password and enable a PIN to be entered for accessing the LastPass vault - separate from the screen lock. And for really sensitive entries, you could enable the "Master Password Reprompt" option, but for a mobile device, LastPass just asks for the PIN again (which you already know/guessed if you're in LP in the first place) and is a meaningless security feature - for mobile. It really should be a prompt for your master password given the common usage is to have a PIN access ALL of your vault and the intention is clearly to protect those entries even more because you've asked for the reprompt. But that's too advanced a security concept for LastPass currently, it seems.
mike808137

Next

Return to Off Topic