Best Way to Share Passwords?

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Best Way to Share Passwords?

Postby dwgsp » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:02 pm

Background: My spouse and I share a computer, and use Firefox with separate Firefox profiles. One some web sites we share a single account. However on other web sites we have separate accounts. I currently have a LastPass Premium account (she does not have a LastPass account... yet).

She would like to start using LastPass, but we are not sure what is the best way to approach it. If she creates a free LastPass account, is there a way for me to share some account passwords with her while keeping others private? Is there a way for both of us to be able to manage the passwords for some accounts?

Sorry to have posted this in the "Off Topic" forum, but this is the only place on this Board where I can post new topics.

Thanks!
dwgsp

Re: Best Way to Share Passwords?

Postby RandomAcronyms » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:07 am

Free accounts are able to have a password from a premium account shared with them but can't share passwords they've added to their account with others.

Your best bet would be to add your spouse's passwords to your (premium) account and then share them with your spouse's account, with the ability to edit the password enabled, so your spouse can change their password and have that change be synced with your account as well.
RandomAcronyms

Return to Off Topic