Auto FIll Woes

Moderators: azitnay, admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Auto FIll Woes

Postby CEG » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:40 am

Let me relate a way that auto fill can be an annoyance. I use a VOIP ATA from Obihai for my phone service and my service for voice is Google Voice. I needed to add E911, so I decided on a VOIP company, Anveo. I went through a process that would auto config the service in my ATA setup. Every time I tried to view the setup I kept seeing information populated in the fields of description that shouldn't have been there. I complained to Anveo, but eventually realized LastPass was entering my login credentials for the ATA dashboard in the user and password fields of the setup for the Anveo E911. I was already logged into the dashboard using those credentials and that is the only time they should be used on the site by LastPass. This was very vexing and took a while to resolve. The whole time I was getting frustrated Anveo had already sent the correct SIP credentials to my ATA for their E911 service. The only way I can view the actual descriptive fields for the E911 setup is to disable LastPass auto fill temporarily.
CEG

Re: Auto FIll Woes

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:04 pm

If there's a page that you do not want your login details filled in on, add it to your never URL list.

https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/account-s ... ever-urls/
jpenny84

Re: Auto FIll Woes

Postby CEG » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:29 pm

This good to know after the fact, but it's difficult to always anticipate a train wreck. You would not expect LastPass to attempt to log into a site a second time. I may just stick with the nuclear option of unchecking auto fill, but I am pointing this out not so much as a bug as something to work on, so that LastPass intelligently recognizes it has already logged into the site and there might be other fields within the site to ignore. Thanks for the info. I did add the page within the site to my never list.
CEG

Return to Off Topic