change forum password

Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

change forum password

Postby wilkorefill » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:51 am

Is it just me or is there no way to change my password on this forum? Went in to profile -> account settings and all that displayed was { USERNAME_EXPLAIN } followed by my username. My email wasn't present and I couldn't find any mention of updating passwords anywhere.
wilkorefill

Re: change forum password

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:23 pm

No, it's a single sign on system. You sign into LastPass to get into the forum. There is no separate password.
jpenny84

Postby wilkorefill » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:32 pm

that makes sense. It's odd because I've got a password in my vault specifically for these forums that isn't the same as my account password. Must be a relic from a bygone age or some such occurrence.
wilkorefill

Postby randy2 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:48 pm

jpenny84 Wrote:No, it's a single sign on system. You sign into LastPass to get into the forum. There is no separate password.

Absolutely incorrect. When I first signed on to the forum, very STRICT instructions Warn you more than once to never use your same login that you use for your vault, for the forum!!

THAT makes sense.
randy2

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:08 pm

randy2 Wrote:
jpenny84 Wrote:No, it's a single sign on system. You sign into LastPass to get into the forum. There is no separate password.

Absolutely incorrect. When I first signed on to the forum, very STRICT instructions Warn you more than once to never use your same login that you use for your vault, for the forum!!

THAT makes sense.

No, I'm absolutely correct. I was an active poster on the forums when they made the change. I can link you the post from several years ago by a company executive explaining the same thing, if you wish.
jpenny84

Return to Off Topic