Moderators: admin, azitnay, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Postby nugaman » Thu May 01, 2014 2:35 pm

I'm new to LastPass, have 12 sites installed that work but I seem to have no log-in security. I'm Win 7 using Firefox and have a LastPass Vault icon shortcut on my desktop and a small LastPass icon showing when I load Firefox. The problem is that when I click either the desktop icon or the icon in Firefox there is no request for the master password. LastPass loads and I can then proceed to sites. Anyone using my computer could do the same and open anything in the vault. Am I missing something here? Aren't I supposed to be challenged to enter my e-mail address and master password to enter the vault?
nugaman

Re: Log in - security

Postby Lars » Thu May 01, 2014 3:47 pm

Did you by any chance click "Remember my Master Password" when originally logging in?
Lars

Postby jpenny84 » Thu May 01, 2014 3:48 pm

You can either manually log off when not using the extension, or set a automatic logout time.

https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/security-options/
jpenny84

Postby nugaman » Thu May 01, 2014 6:21 pm

Thanks. Don't know if I hit "remember my password". Looked for way to go back to that screen, no luck.

Not sure I know how to do log off. I shut down Firefox by clicking the upper right "X", but LastPass red icon is there when I log on to Firefox again. Auto log off settings in LastPass "Preferences - General - Security" aren't checked but I checked "auto log off when browsers are closed for 0 min", nothing happened after I closed the browser and opened it again.
When I open Firefox it automatically goes to the Google screen. Could that have anything to do with it?

Again, thanks for your help.
nugaman

Postby rej » Tue May 13, 2014 11:37 am

To log off LP: LP icon at very bottom. then LP icon again will produce Master Log in. Uncheck "Remember Password" and log-in.
rej

Return to Off Topic